Perfect Union banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ah I see the STG must have the same diameter muzzle ring as US pattern bayonets because of STANAG (NATO) flash hiders being a standard size to fit (STANAG) rifle grenades. Makes sense the bayonets for 5.56mm NATO rifles would have a common muzzle ring diameter from having a common muzzle device diameter.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
I've never measured the i.d. of the ring. had to hone it a bit for a snug slip fit over the just coincidental o.d.of the Eagle (IIRC? no longer made AFAIK) break and H-K style front sight combo. I've got a Burris mil-tac 2x7 glass mounted, good clarity but the etchings aren't as pronounced as I'd prefer. the sight is a perfect match for the aperture of the Williams rear. really enhanced using the irons.
I've got more mags, a couple Triple K 30, couple more 20 and my favorite couple more of the no longer made s/s 'American' brand 10 round. the balance/handling is perfect with the 10 round.
the bayonet is made by Wenger, the quality and fit up of the metal cannot be overstated. I'll very likely never have to mount it in anger (hope not anyway) but the intimidation factor and usefulness of the blade is very high. this blade takes and holds a razor edge.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts