Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone every gotten a screwy batch of Federal xm193? I've shot a lot of it and it has always been consistent, save for having primer/bullet sealant or primer crimps.

But, I was at the range last night and shot some from a batch I'd gotten at a gun show, and this batch seemed really bad. One group at 50yds was 4 touching plus a flier, the others seemed all over the place. Some made the usual huge muzzle flash, others were quiet with almost no flash, almost like they were lightly loaded.

Anyone experience that before? Obviously its not match grade ammo but its always been consistent for me in its 'ok-ness' before..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were unopened white Federal boxes of 20, same as I'd buy at a local shop. All sealed primers and bullets, LC brass, and NATO stamps, just checked the remaining rounds I had. One had primer sealer splattered on the base of the case, maybe they were really garbage batches?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
That XM ammo is either reject for some reason or overrun. The overrun should be good. The reject is usually something like no sealer on the primer or bullet or it might not crono properly. I would think if the reject had a dangerous defect there would be no way they would sell it. We shoot a bunch of it for practice when we can get good deals on it.

I personally have never had an issue with it, but then we are shooting some old stock from about a year or two ago. Most of what we have is thirty to a box on three stripper clips and some bulk boxes of loose rounds. We shoot quite a bit of Wolf steel case ammo also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.