Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost done with my Franken-Mini build. I started with the NRA Mini a few years ago and have since gone through several stocks and sights. Right now it's in the Sparta stock with an AR carry handle and an HK front sight.

What I would really like to do is remove the front sight and have the barrel threaded for an AR-type flash hider. As I understand it the NRA version has a muzzle diameter of .625". I really have two questions:

1) Is it possible to remove the front sight without marring the barrel underneath? I assume removing the front sight is going to leave at least some marks on the barrel and thus leaving it sight-less won't be a good option.

2) Does anybody do mail-order barrel threading for Minis? My local gunsmith is competent but also one of the world's most unpleasant people. I would prefer to do that as a last resort.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm almost done with my Franken-Mini build. I started with the NRA Mini a few years ago and have since gone through several stocks and sights. Right now it's in the Sparta stock with an AR carry handle and an HK front sight.

What I would really like to do is remove the front sight and have the barrel threaded for an AR-type flash hider. As I understand it the NRA version has a muzzle diameter of .625". I really have two questions:

1) Is it possible to remove the front sight without marring the barrel underneath? I assume removing the front sight is going to leave at least some marks on the barrel and thus leaving it sight-less won't be a good option.

2) Does anybody do mail-order barrel threading for Minis? My local gunsmith is competent but also one of the world's most unpleasant people. I would prefer to do that as a last resort.
GunDoc, who has done work for many here, would be able to assist.
Accurizing the Mini14 - Great West Gunsmithing

There is also Accuracy Systems Inc. They take the Mini to a whole new level.
Mini 14 Accessories Ruger Rifle 30 Muzzle Brake Gas Block Compensator Steel Bedding System

Both have great rep's and can be trusted to take care of your Mini and do things right.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Word of warning on Gun Doc.
Ya get yer stuff back and it really shows what a crappy shot you are.
On the other hand gives you incentive to improve. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts