Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back fron the gun store. My brand new Mini-14 Ranch Rifle SS/SYN with integral dovetail scope mounts and bases and rings supplied by Ruger would not align properly. Either the scope mounts/bases are way off or the barrel is not aligned with the reciever. You can actually look at the rifle from the top and see that the rear of the scope is not centered on the reciever. The dealer tells me to pack it up and send it to Ruger and wait a couple of months. Gee that is a lot of help, how about going in the back and getting another rifle for me and sending this junk back to Ruger! My other option is buying $100 worth of windage adjustable scope bases and rings from Conetrol in Texas. So I bit the bullet and ordered the new bases and rings but they don't offer them in stainless so the whole rig will end up looking like a patched together mess! NO, there is nothing wrong with my Leupold variX-III 3x9 scope, I just took it off a 10-22 target rifle and it was shooting 3" groups at 100 yards with the scope in the middle of its adjustment range. Besides the dealer boresighted the mini-14 and confirmed that the scope could not be adjusted far enough over to get it right. Ruger can make a $160 10-22 that is great right out of the box but the $519 mini 14 has a crummy scope mount. One positive thing about the mini-14 is that it ejects the shells so hard that it made the whiny kid at the station to the right of me at the range very unhappy! I hope you are listening Mr. Quality Control at Sturm Ruger!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pelican, pack up your Mini-14 and sent it back to Ruger. They (Ruger) has a very good customer service department. It won't take more than a couple of weeks. Good Luck R6721

·
Registered
145 Posts
Order a set of stainless millet rings, they are adjustable, better get high ones for the leupold.

------------------
This land is not ours we're merely borrowing it from our children

1 - 3 of 3 Posts