Perfect Union banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Hoffmans no longer has the 20 rd mags for $ 19.99, glad I got mine when I did. Hope they are going to get more, they still have the factory 30 rd mags for $ 24.99

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I was gonna get a couple more, oh well.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoffmans has always been great for me, Order what you need and in about a week or less it was on my doorstep. I won't hesitate to buy from them

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Looks like Hoffmans no longer has the 20 rd mags for $ 19.99, glad I got mine when I did. Hope they are going to get more, they still have the factory 30 rd mags for $ 24.99
Iv'e paid $30 for factory 10 Rounders, thanks to the peoples republic of kalifornia. Even at $30 ea, the 20 rounders would be a bargain since they work every time. You can't always get the good stuff at bottom of the barrel prices. I remember when factory 20's were $75 ea. and 30's were $150 ea. before ruger re-released them before the 580's came out. Gettim while you can B-4 B. Hussien Obama and the UN make them illegal to get/own.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
First off I would like to applaud them for selling the mags at such a reasonable and fair price for as long as they did. I have dealt with them on several occasions and every transaction was quick and easy, and they sell authentic Ruger brand mags. When I first saw the price I was skeptical, and assumed it was to good to be true or an aftermarket mag. 90% of my Mini 14 mags came from Hoffman's.

They must have been making next to nothing on each one. I think Hoffman's was selling them at that price as a limited time offer, to get people familiar with their sight. Unfortunately that is pretty much all I would buy from them, I never shopped for anything else on their site. Better grab a few more 30 rounders while they last....

·
Registered
303 Posts
So the 30 rounders are reliable loaded with 28 rounds?
The 30-rounders are 100% reliable loaded with 30 rounds.
Which is no doubt why they call them 30-round mags.

And BTW, you can keep them fully loaded for years with no loss of functioning.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I emailed them a few days ago and I still haven't received a response. I will let you guys know if they plan to bring them back, or if they respond....

·
Ghostrider
127 Posts
I bought four 30 rounders and got them 6 days later, no issues. I will definitely be buying from Hoffman's again. I hope they do get the 20 rounders back in stock though.

·
Isolationist Libertarian
1,421 Posts
The 30-rounders are 100% reliable loaded with 30 rounds.
Which is no doubt why they call them 30-round mags.

And BTW, you can keep them fully loaded for years with no loss of functioning.
So that's where the name came from!;) There is only one reason I know of to keep the mags downloaded a couple, it's easier to load the mag with the bolt closed. For whatever reason that's more true of Pro mags than factory Ruger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been trying to find out if Hoffmans has the thirty round magazines in stock, but they haven't responded to either phone calls or emails. Has anyone order from they recently and received the 30 rounders?

Matt

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ouch...wish I had known this. I traded my minis in for CETME's and PTR-91s. I had something like 30 twenty round mags and 15 30 rounders I threw in the deal.

Well, good I tossed the minis...aluminum HK mags (which fit the CETMES and PTR 91) run $4 for 'very good' and $1 for 'good'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.