Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was perusing one of my local haunts the other day and the owner tells me they just took in huge estate purchase. Several high end revolvers....Korth...Colt.....some real nice older Smith & Wessons. All big money and nothing I really was interested in. Owner then says there were several AR's in the deal. The rifle rack was holding a half dozen AR's. 5 were pre ban (black gun banned here) and priced accordingly at $3500 a piece. It was then that I spotted a carbine sitting on the end.

Colt Match Target HBAR MT6731. Flat top with the removable carry handle. 2014 rifle, unfired, new in box with the rust preventative still coating the rifle. Priced at $1200 because of LE only sale. Back late 1999 I bought a new MT6700 for $1100. Same rifle, except the 6700 was a 20" bbl. I got into shooting the local DCM Matches with the 6700. I was averaging in the 440-450 area for scores. Not great, but respectable for the amount of time I was investing in practice. 2001 I bought the Harley Electra Glide Harley and swapped passions for a number of years. Ended up selling the 6700 for big money during the Sandy Hook crisis.

I happened to be at the local club a few Sundays ago and they were running a DCM Match. DANG.....that was some fun.....I'd like to get back into it. Jumped on the opportunity and made the purchase. Hurried home for the initial clean and lube. Installed a Geissele SSA trigger I had in the pile. Ordered up some brass and bullets, which I got yesterday and dug out all of my gear. Luckily I had saved my shooting jacket, glove, sling, 😀shooting mat and all the required accessories. Just loaded up some Nosler 62 grainers (1/9 twist) and hope to hit the range tomorrow if the rain holds off.

Don't know how the carbine length will perform. We will see. I'm sure I'll be the weak link. Got to zero the sights and then much practice to do. I'll snap a pic while at the range.

Feels good to be back in the game.

Bepe

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, it shows it has been more than a week since your initial post.....how have your plans worked....?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts