Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having some problems to make my mini14 bsquare military mount fit in mi rifle (non-ranch)

it has some screws that are suposed to help me to make elevation and windage adjustments,

if anyone know the specific procedure to make this mount fit right let me know

saludos desde puerto rico

marcos:rolleyes:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Marcos, I am wondering about the b-square mount myself. Since there is some play in the bolt-latch cover, isn't there play in the B-square plate-mounted system? I would think this looseness would make the scope pretty much useless...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am pretty sure there is a subplate that has 2 side takeup screws "little allen setscrews"that are jambed against the sides of the rifle.Then the main mount is attached to the subplate.One thing I can tell you for sure is I tried a Weaver no drill mount on my Mini 14 and it was all over the place and sucked,I returned it to Brownell's and got a S&K no drill mount that took the place of the rear peep sight.Its rock solid and a fine mount,looks like Millet would be OK to.The only thing with most of the no drill mounts that replace the rear peep,is they have to be removed if you need to stripout the bolt completely from the reciever,but most CLAIM to be able to rezero after remonal"right".The 2 mounts that replace the cover ,B.SQ. and Ranch,you can see the iron sights,but the cheekweld to stock is very high.Just my .02 ,just stay clear of the Weaver for sure.Aldo

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aldo, what's your opinion of the scope mount offered at bushmaster.com?? I was thinking of picking that one up, but it looks a lot like the B-square, so now I'm not so sure...

:sniper:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recent bought a factory folder with a B-Square already installed. Took it out a couple of days ago to zero the scope. After fifty rounds, the mount screw loosened up. It was really frustrating not knowing at what point it started to loosen. I removed the bracket and shot with the iron sights instead. I think a lock washer or some sort of semi-hard rubber shim might correct this problem.

Has anyone else had this trouble?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts