Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought that I’d post my AO Thompson build. It started out as a 1991 stock 1927A1. After the half a year wait for sbr paperwork I had the AO bbl replaced with a 10.5 in bbl along with easy recoil springs, buffer, steel rivets on the rear sight as they tend to shoot loose, milled for easy takedown and the detachable buttstock. Dan Block did the heavy work. The buttstock is GI but the buttplate is a 12.00 enfield plate fitted to the stock not a 95.00 Thompson plate. I had to move the screw holes. Yesterday I finally got around to fitting the GI stock slide to the gun as the AO slide was loose to the gun but the GI slide was tight to the gun but wouldn’t engage the lock. Took a lot of measuring, 1 inch bench belt sanding and trying to get a perfect lock fit with zero play. As it needed a case I modified the faux gator baritone ukulele case for it. The walnut dividers have lightening cuts in them. The removable shelf is from a bent up aluminum traffic sign that I found in a dumpster. It also holds my Cimarron 1911 and Savage along with 3 thirty rd mags and some 1911 mags. A fun build for a fun gun. [Just realized that I’d posted this before-sorry. Getting old. ]

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,403 Posts
Volunteer Arms from Tennessee made a decent copy of the Tommy for several years.....wish i'd grabbed one.......maybe an Auto Ord soon......

That's a damn swingin' case you have

Reactions: Jonjeo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts