Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hmm...

It performed like any other fmj rifle round. Are those rounds cannelured? I wouldn't think so.

I prefer soft points for hunting/defensive cartridge

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...

It performed like any other fmj rifle round. Are those rounds cannelured? I wouldn't think so.

I prefer soft points for hunting/defensive cartridge
They are produced by the Taiwan Government Arsenal. Bullets are cannelured FMJ/BT... but w/ a little thicker jacket than M193.

Both Primers and bullets are milspec sealed.

Velocities are also at or near M193 spec.

GR

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'd buy/shoot wolf gold in a heartbeat. Makes great practice ammo. But performance wise on soft targets it seems to perform the same as any other fmj. In fact, 193 usually breaks apart and fragments after it turns sideways. The cannelure in conjunction with the right thickness copper jacket really help it fragment and cause serious devistation.

Another thing to note, atleast with humans...look at how wide our chest is from front to back, often by the time the round is yawning, its already through us or about to exit.

Open tip match ammo and bonded soft points are the best at wounding because they don't rely on yawing or fragmenting to dump their energy and cause tissue damage.

Look up "ammo oracle ar15.com" in google to learn everything you would ever want to know about .223 and 5.56

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I always find it amusing when an anti-personnel round, in it's original form, is denigrated for its lack of performance.

I've read the article, M193 fares very well indeed.

The 55 gr. M193 is a bomb on thin-skinned soft targets, and will still punch steel at 200 yards.

GR
Yep, where M193 fails is when it has to go through web gear and chest rigs full of magazines before it gets to its target

1 - 6 of 6 Posts