Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone (pretty please) send me some tech info on what ARS does with a rifle in a full-on HBAR conversion? Photos would be greatly appreciated! See my profile for e-mail. Photos prefered sans-stock (Mini NUDIES!!!) Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine has a 24" lothar walther heavy barrel installed and test fired in my choice of ROT, a trigger job, I also had my action placed in a Zero precision laminated stock with all the bedding done. Sorry I can't tell you any more specs but I can tell you it will shoot. I also do not have photos. Sorry
RR

------------------
This land is not ours we're merely borrowing it from our children

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent! That's about all I've heard about them though. I have an 'inquiring mind' and, unfortunately, am slow to satisfy. I will put out a couple of questions here. Did you use their 'heavy' gas block, or have them pig out a bigger hole in your factory gas block to slip the barrel thru? And do they turn their barrels for fit under the block? I guess that's the part of the process that intrigues me most. I can't get anyone at ARS to talk tolerances with me though. So I turn instead to you, the satisfied customer. Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I get mine back I'll send off a photo. I'm wondering how they get the HBAR to fit also. Is there a hog out option? Thought everyone had to get the new gas block.

·
Registered
145 Posts
you don't get the heavy block unless you order it, don't know the amount that they machine out but the barrel is turned down considerably at the gas block and it is a little bigger from the block back to the action, just like the H-BAR AR the barrel is biggest fro the block foreward
RR

------------------

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very interesting guys. Now I'm really curious. The 3-diameter barrel thing is something I have a hard time warming up to. I stopped looking at Connecticut Precision Chambering after discovering that was their technique (phone conversation with a CPC 'smith) I don't know about having the heaviest part of the barrel being the one hanging out there on the end, and I don't like the idea of 3 sections of barrel all humming their own little tune when I pull the trigger. Not to mention I DO NOT like dealing with ARS people on the phone. They don't want to divulge their 'trade secrets' I suppose. Plus I've heard just enough bad (really bad) press on them to make me a tad leery. I have yet to resolve that particular issue.
But... Dave, excellent, I'll take you up on those photos bud. Much appreciated. (RR, thanks also.) Are there any other ARS customers that read this BB? Love to hear from'em.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Brownells has heavy barrels for mini's guess you could order one look at it and return it, just a thought, may get a hold of clarks custom guns or accuracy syatems inc. they also work on mini's
I have also heard some bad press on ARS but it doesn't show in either of my rifles, the only thing I could complain on is that when I had the 223 done I told Tim that I didn't care if it wouldn't shoot nothing else I wanted it to shoot 60-64 gr. bullets. Well it doesn't like the heavier bullets but it will put some 55 gr. factory loads into .4" at 100 yds.
RR

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ridge Runner (edited 02-27-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts