Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post this here on the board but I couldn't get your email addy. You seemed to be one of the most knowledgeable folks here when it comes to Masen mags. I hope you might share some insight on this matter. I had recently ordered some Masen mags from CIE Global in NC (there site is www.gunaccessories.com) for $35 each. They came in a plain plastic wrap with no markings at all on the package. These mags fit in my ranch rifle better than any I have tried and snap in place very easily. They also seem to feed fine.
But another person here posted that they ordered some of these same mags from the same company and said that when he would load them and place them in his rifle, that they would fall from the gun on the first shot! Does this sound like a problem with the mags or with the rifle? I think the ones I have are sound but hearing the above comments make me feel a bit uncertain about the mags I have. I have compared them to the photos at this site of the Masen's and they appear identical in all regards. The floorplate seems to have a slightly different finish than the rest of the mag, but it appeared the one in the photo also did.
Do you think I have decent mags or do they sound like rip-offs? Like I said they seem well built and from the tests I have done seem fine. Everyone feel free to jump in here.
***Also, I have found a supply of Masens for $29.95 from another supplier, if anyone is interested I'll try to post some info on where to order these. As soon as I get the address that is.

·
Registered
689 Posts
op-rod I have had good luck with Masen 30rnd. mags. I have posted before on the differences I've noticed in how mags fit in the Mini 14. I have a Stainless 196 Ranch model that the mags fit REAL loose in, but they've never fallen out of it when shooting. Also I've noticed that some mags seat higher up in some Mini's. I can take the same magazine and put some dummy rounds in it , slap it in my 196 SS ranch and ease the bolt forward and see where it contacts the rim at before chambering the round. Now take my 183 blued mini and do the same, the 183's bolt makes contact with a lot more of the cartridge rim ( wich I believe makes for less problems) I have replaced the catch in the 196 ranch rifle with one I've modified since to correct this. As far as some mags fitting tighter in some Rifles I don't know, I have 2 Ranch models and both are loose! I thought this may be quirk related to Ranch Rifles. But if the Masens work well in your rifle I would'nt worry about it. I find it hard to believe a Masen or PMI mag could fall out when locked in properly. The tabs are quite thick, are you sure the fellow did'nt have a western or USA mag with a stamped catch? The tab on these type mags don't leave alot for the catch to grab.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts