Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i just purchased a bushmaster m4a1 with the one peice carry handle/upper receiver. What do i need to mount optics on the handle? What are my choices for optics? Id like to be able to use the iron sites and or also a scope with out interference. My other question is since i do not have a flat top upper receiver what is my best option for an aftermarket butt stock that has an adjustible cheek rest on it? Do you know of company names and pricing?

Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
Just Google "carry handle scope mount" and you will come up with lots of options. Most are the same type of mount, either picatinny or weaver. Quality varies somewhat with the manufacturers, and price too. If it is too cheap to seem to be true, odds are it is poor quality. There are also scopes, like the Acog, that mount directly to the carry handle and don't require a separate mount.

With the scope mount, you can use most optics out there, just remember to use lower rings. I like a lower power scope, 2-7 is my strongest scope on my AR's, I usually have 1-4 or 1-5. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
The burris AR332, and AR336, sights also have a direct to carry handle mount capability.
(poormans ACOG... nice sight by the way)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts