Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Mossberg 500 (20" barrel/7rd magazine) that came with both a pistol grip and a synthetic stock. The shotgun will be primarily used for home defense and dealing with the occasional coyote/varmint that wonders on the property.

I don't plan on using the the full stock that came with it as the primary use will be HD. That being said, I'm wondering how good the gun will be for taking care of varmints outside. The few times I tried aiming it with just the pistol grip on, it was very awkward.

This has me thinking of putting a top-folding ATI stock on it.

I have a couple of concerns with this. First, there is no recoil pad on the butt of the stock. This seems like it would be very hard on the shoulder. Second, I wonder how accessible the safety will be with the stock being folded up. Third, I don't really see any way of resting my cheek on the stock, making it difficult to aim. If this is the case, then not being able to really aim would negate the benefit of having the stock.

So does anyone here have this stock and can confirm or deny my concerns?
Is it possible to get comfortable with aiming a pistol grip shot gun?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an ATI gel pistol grip on my 590 with a collapsible stock with gel pad and it is awesome.

The stock is large enough to protect my cheek when firing even the most stout of ammunition. That folder does not look very stable or compfy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.