Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the final height of my cheek riser after modifying the adapter plates with two new holes per side. I also ground a depression for the nuts to sit in the buttstock so the adaptors sit flush. I now have another 3/8 height and was able to take the angle adaptor back off, preserving the short handy length I wanted. I had first experimented with the angle adaptor in unpside down to raise the cheek weld. Now i don't need it. I can also extend the buttstock two clicks and cheek weld on the tube for iron sight usage. It is perfect now. Look how high! And it still locks firmly in the horizontal grooves..perfect for me. And it is reversible if I get some lower rings. No big deal.

God Bless!

Ron

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
371 Posts
You trick out an existing piece of (ho-hum )plastic in some innovative ways. Nice ideas.Regards, Dean

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, that looks great! I just ran into the same problem on my SKS with a scope mounted now. It's wayyy too high on the receiver to establish a cheek weld which is a no-no for me.

Would it be possible for you to expand on the process you used and perhaps a photo or two up close of a few areas? I received the ati cheek rest riser today and after installation the 3/8 is simply not enough height. If you turn the riser adapter plates upside down, they don't fit flush because the bakside is rounded. How did you accomplish this? Modifying the adapters seems like a better option for me if possible without adding additional holes to the buttstock.

Any insight, advice, or details on this process would be greatly appreciated please!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts