Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow, 1994! I'll take a look at it.......one can never read to much about Mini-14's, eh? :cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
"The Mini-14 Ranch Rifle was made in .222 Remington for the export market to France, Belgium and Italy where civilians are not allowed to own firearms of military caliber. Overruns were sold in the U.S.
"

Man, I'd love to have one of those .222 Minis - worth a bunch today! :cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
"brand new in box"

Wow, and the price is good also; only about $150 more than I paid for my 223. Alas, I'd love to, but $650 is still $650 and I don't have it today, so it will go to some other lucky guy. :(

·
Registered
567 Posts
` The Mini-14 in 222 cal is a rarity here in the USA induced by Ruger. It's the same as the rarity of high quaity factory 10 round magazines. There is very little difference between the 223 & 222 caliber rounds & let's face it with surplus ammo so abundant having a Mini in 222 cal from the factory would be just another "Hey guys look at what I have!" thing. The 222 is every bit as accurate as the 223 but in a factory Mini it would make little difference. Now if you were to take that money & spend it on an upgrade from say ARS you could have that 222 plus a rifle that would shoot 1 MOA or better. If you're a collector all this doesn't matter. Myself I'd rather tinker with my Mini & hope for the best.

Just my 2¢
Bushwack

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by Satan2655
It's moot anyway, the auction is closed with 0 (zero) bids...
Damn, I KNEW I should have bid $300! Who knows! :D

The other guys comments about the 222 Mini are probably true. I'm not much of a collector, and also I don't shoot rifles much. That 222 would surely grow in value as the years go by.

·
Registered
716 Posts
You'd have a hell of a time finding ammo for it anyway. I know it's available in a few places on the Internet, but I'd hate to get it confused with my .223 ammo. Actually, I wonder what the results of shooting .222 in a .223 would be. Probably just a loss of accuracy... The other way around? ? ? :eek:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, Ican state with conviction that shooting a 9mm in a 40 S&W results in really, really poor accuracy..........been there, done that!
:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, shooting that 9mm round in the 40S&W pistol was not that much of an event. I've you're familar with these two rounds, magazines and guns, you know their dimensions are pretty close. In fact, some magazines sold for the 40 work as well in the 9mm model of the same gun (ie, SIG 228 in 9mm and SIG 229 in 40 S&W).

When I pulled the trigger it sounded "weird". At first I though I had a squib load, so I dropped the magazine, opened the action and checked the barrel which was was clear. Then I noticed I had opened both a container of 9mm and 40 S&W (I use those sealable clear plastic bags for my reloads). When I examined the target from downrange what had happened was pretty obvious! <g>

The only "finger tingling" experience I've had was when a reload blew out a (Norinco) 9mm case in my Beretta M92. That broke the right pistol grip, bent the trigger actuator, but did no damage to my hand, face nor magazine. Stung a little is all. This was my duty pistol, so I had to requal with a loaner before I went on duty.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah, I figured they were close in dimension. A 9mm is very close to .357 (0.3546 actually), so the difference only being .043 inches, not a big deal.

Good luck and keep those 10 digits. You may need them all...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ya got that right.....I need all 10. What else would I hit with the hammer when trying to hang a picture frame!? :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one of the Blued Ranch 222's. Nice shooter and seems to be more accurate than the 223's I have. Mine was a little different in that it came with a wooden handguard, never seen one like that. The downside is the ammo, the Ranch likes to toss it a good distance and 222 is not something you find laying around like 223.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts