Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard as far AR-15's go, all are pretty much equal in terms of accuracy and reliability, only subtle differences separate them. How true is this?
Also, my dad has a chance to buy an Armalite or a Stag for $200 more. Can anyone tell me a reason to go with the Stag?

· Registered
853 Posts
yes, accuracy and reliability are similar to an extent. When you take into account differning barrel profiles, free float handguards, trigger upgrades, different gas lengths, chrome lined v. non-chrome lined barrels and chamber, MPI, Nickel Boron coatings and all the other stuff that enhances reliability & accuracy, you can have quite a stark contrast in reliability & accuracy. It just depends on what you are willing to pay. The AR is so modular and so many parts exist that there are probably billions of different variations you can have, again, it is up to what you want to pay.

What are the rifles configured like that your dad is looking at? 16" barrel, collapsable stock, rails, heavy barrel, etc.? That will give a better idea of the reason for $200 difference in price. But, just based on my experience with Stag (none with Armalite) and the fact that Stag has a better warranty, I would go with them.

· Registered
853 Posts
Armalite is selling rifles to LEO's in ban states :(.
So? Are they not allowed to protect themselves and whomever else they can to the best of their abilities? Just because their state government is ignorant doesn't mean the LEO's within the state are and should suffer the consequences of their representatives in any way.

In no way am I in support of a ban of any sort, however, LEO's still need the tools of the trade to fulfill their duties and a company selling those tools to them shouldn't be shunned as a result.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
It's a complicated issue Genius. The citizens of these united states have been slowly numbed over the past decades by the wiles of sports and entertainment. Droves of people have lost the connection to self governance we once held so dear. They no longer have the will to be active participants in the process that has come to rule their lives. It's a sound bite world, and being heard in our sound bite world starts with simple, clear messages. Stands like those taken by the many gun maker who refuse sales to LEOs in places where the Second Amendment rights of citizens have been curtailed is the kind of simple, clear message it takes to get through to numb people.

Another vital part of the message is solidarity. Make no mistake, progressives and liberals are united in their effort to fundamentally transform America. While not all are as radical as Hussein Obama, they come together over key issues with rare exception. Make no mistake, this round of gun control is a key issue.

· Registered
43 Posts
I agree with texas, There is probably a good correlation between a state government's attitude about gun control and their local Law Enforcers attitude. I doubt the local government would enact sweeping gun control without advice from Law enforcement, thus put a little pressure on LEO and maybe they wise up a little in their advice to Law Makers.

I own a Stag upper, and like it a lot. Well made tack driver in 6.8 spc.

· Registered
853 Posts
I understand the complexity of the issue and erosion of the fabric of our nation quite clearly. What is perplexing to me, is that gun makers would take a stand against a state government by denying the tools that their LEO's need to do their jobs. In this case, the gun makers are no better than the politicians attempting to pass their short-sighted and ignorant legislation. They are effectively limiting the ability of LEO to carry out their duties by denying them the tools necessary, because of the acts of a few politicians, just like the politicians wanting to deny me my gun rights because of a few bad peoples actions...

I understand what is needed to be heard, however, this is a foolish attempt to prove a point, in my opinion. Making a point is better served by moving manufacturing to a non-ban state (Magpul is threatening this), or something else that is of equal impact to the politicians and their constituents. Effectively, banning sales to LEO in ban states is a form of gun control that is doing what politicians are trying to do; limit or eliminate the ability of the good guys and law abiding people to defend themselves.

· Registered
3,368 Posts
Not sure I see your point here. It seems to me that it is more along the lines of giving them a dose of their own medicine. They want to limit what citizens can have so the manufacturers are trying to make a point by limiting what they can have. I don't think police should be allowed access to anything that a citizen isn't allowed access to.

· Registered
853 Posts
Not sure I see your point here. It seems to me that it is more along the lines of giving them a dose of their own medicine. They want to limit what citizens can have so the manufacturers are trying to make a point by limiting what they can have. I don't think police should be allowed access to anything that a citizen isn't allowed access to.
Police are citizens charged with the protection of society. They aren't actually the ones lobbying for gun and magazine bans/limitations, their representatives are doing that. In fact, many LE agencies and chiefs are lobbying against gun control and magazine restrictions. So, by not selling them guns because people outstide their control (politicians) are lobbying for bans, the gun companies are doing their own pseudo gun ban by limiting access to cops and their ability to have the tools to carry out their duties. That'll show the politicians! Not only will citizens have no ability to defend themselves appropriately, but the police charged with their protection will be significantly hindered and at a disadvantage in defending society as well. This won't make the politicians see the light, they won't anyway. All this does is endanger police and citizens, just like politicans legislation. So again, those most affected are the ones doing the right things. Why should the good guys still be the sacrificial lamb to make a point? I see that as just as short-sighted as what the anti-gun politicians are doing.

It doesn't matter how you cut it, whether the politicians pass the legislation or the gun companies dont sell guns to cops, the bad guys will have guns. Not selling guns to LEO is cutting off your nose despite your face and is a silly, ignorant and dangerous way to take a stand. There are more effective means to take a stand (like moving hundreds or thousands of jobs over state lines and losing significant tax bases). If you want politicians to listen, you have to play their tune (hint, $$$$$$).

· Registered
3,368 Posts
The way I see it a citizen is a person charged with protecting their self and should have the same access to equipment as LE. I don't think anyone is advocating not selling to specific Police or Sheriff's Departments, jut not selling to the states that are passing stupid laws. Think about it, NY passed a 7 round magazine limit and at first they didn't even put in an exception for law enforcement so obviously they think that law enforcement should have the same rules as everyone else right. It didn't take them long to re-think that though did it. After all, big brother should have all the equipment to keep us peons in line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.