Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
singleslide: I have a friend that just bought an AR 10. He mounted a Leupold mil-dot scope on it and off to the range. When he came back he was smiling from ear to ear. He said that his group (after sighting it in) at 100 yards was incredible. He said they posted targets at 400 yards, and he kept everything in a 6" circle. That may not be great, but that day the wind was blowing about 40 mph. :mad:
So if he did not stretch the truth.........I think the AR 10 is a winner.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Eagle arms (a division of armalite) makes them a lil cheaper, and DPMS is nearing production on a 308. think the msrp is 1189.00 on the DPMS
RR

·
Registered
821 Posts
AWESOME RIFLE!!! I have one in the A4 configuration w/removable sights and could'nt be happier. I got it at gunbroker.com auction sight and got a real good deal,it is an Eagle Arms lower w/Armalite stainless flatop upper. I've had several HK91's including an SR9 version w/the MSG90 recoil system,and some L1A1's. There is no comparison to the smoothness of the AR10,especially in recoil(which is VERY light).And the fit and finish is what I've come to expect from Armalite,excellent! I started with the L1A1 years ago and got rid of them when I shot my first HK91,I then got rid of them after getting my first AR10,so as I find somthing better(within reason,I don't have limitless funds)I move to it.If there is somthing out there better,I've not seen it! Does that give you an indication of how pleased I am with the AR10? I have mine setup with Millets new mildot 30mm tube 6-25x56 scope,and a bushnell holosight,and the removable sights.I can switch back and forth as needed and don't loose zero!

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like my next rifle will be the armilite ar 10a4 , ,308 is a good round trying to concentrate on NATO military style firearms.Like the idea of quick change of optics.Thanks for all your inputs. Singleside out there getting it together. Its all about freedom.:usa: :ar15: ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
If anyone is still using this thread, the DPMS AR-10's are out and I have access to a few for $979 + shipping, FFL transfer will be your deal. Truthfully I think they are of better quality and fit than the Armalite rifles.

·
Registered
689 Posts
my DPMS 308 came with 2 plastic 10 round mags. They'll also take Knights SR25 mags. Best of all they take the old original AR10 Armalite 20 round waffles wich I have plenty of. I bought them back in the early 1980's when I wanted to buy a HAC-7. I never did get the HAC-7 rifle, but at least have a use for those old waffle mags now. I've put about 300 rounds through the DPMS. I had some light strikes with some 1980 Port surplus that had no problems in the FAL. I put about 60 rounds of FED. 168 Match through her without a problem. My DPMS is very accurate! My Eagle Arms AR10 flattop came with a better trigger pull out of the box, accuracy edge goes to the DPMS. Both rifles cost me about the same I think the DPMS was about $7.00 cheaper and came with a cleaning kit and 1 more magazine.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Here's my AR10A4 with a new (made at home by me) 30rd mag!!
Made from a 30rd m-14 mag!!!! (Shown with a 20rd mag for comparison.)

Just in case I run into a herd of dangerous BAMBI'S!!!or JBT's! :lol: :lol: :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
thats a long mag. I have'nt tried doing any 30's. I bought some of the cheap 20's to have for the Armalite 20 round conversion kits. I usually use 10 rounders because I don't hammer 308 rifles like I do the little 223 rifles.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I found a couple 30rd m-14 mags and thought I'd see what would happen! I just cut the hole out of the side,and did'nt change the follower,so the bolt does'nt hold back after the last shot. But I do know of a guy I found on AR15.com that makes and sells followers that are just like Armalite's,for cheaper than theirs,if I want to go ahead and change them too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts