Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a refinished Ballister Molina, these guns were made under license from Colt during the second World War. At first glance it looks just like the Colt 1911. But the only difference is that it has no grip safety,everything else is the same. When I first bought the gun it looked nice except that thing had the most ugly wooden grips I ever seen. So I tried putting some Colt grips on it. But the screw holes would not line up. I searched every grip maker there was with no success. I was finally directed to Numrich Gun parts in NY. They actually had some plastic grips for it. So I bought them and the salesman ask me If I wanted to buy a catalog, he caught me in a good mood,I said sure the catalog was $12.95 but I done said yes so I bought it. Was the best$12.95 I ever spent. The catalog arrived with the grrips,that thing must be six inches thick,with nothing but parts for any gun you can think of.If anyone wants the number it is 914-679-2417. But back to the point the grips fit perfectly. And I have a little over $250.00 bucks in a great shooting,reliable gun.I recently seen some grips in a CDNN catalog with rubber wrap around finger groove grips. I bought them and added that final touch to my gun. I have seen them in the Shotgun news for sale,along with another clone from the same company evidently made without Colts consent called the Ballister systema or something like that, it was made for the Argentine Police.These guns with new grips arent only attractive but a great buy. I sure would like to see this site grow much bigger as discusions on the good old 1911 are endless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regarding th eballister Molina? Do governemnt model mags fit? I was thinking about one and was curious. didn't want to get a pistol that I couldn't afford to buy mags for....

rich

G

·
what a great link web site,thanks. I bought a .45 ballistor mollina several yrs back real good price on it, only thing that would change out are the mags. Good shooter plinker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts