Perfect Union banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
I agree entirely if our Military tust it then I do. I love the ar-15 but have only one ccomplaint. You can buy an import AK for about one third the price of a good Ar-15.Something about that I dont like. People that cant afford to spend $1000.00 on an AR-15 have to settle with the AK which I have no room to talk I have an Ak or two and I like them. I just wish manufacturers would lower the price.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I want a MINI 14 ;)

When it hits the fan I don't want to spend all my time cleaning the **** out of my weapon. Made in the USA. I can buy 2 for the price of an AR (so someone can cover my back!) I think the AK will make you more of a target than anything else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ditto the ideas about cost, AND having to clean them so much (unless this has changed). One of the things that is great about the AK clan is their absolute reliability, and for my money, reliability UNDER ALL CONDITIONS tops nearly any other factor. AK's have been tested by police departments in mud, freezing temperatures, dust, etc., and they just keep chunkin' out the rounds. The more-accurate, more-refined AR, apparently, cannot equal it in that regard.

Too, the respective rounds. I am a big believer in the "game field" measure of effectiveness. The .223 is only used on rabbit-to-coyote sized game, whereas the 7.62x39 (ballistically equal to the .30-30) can whack whitetails, which are widely regarded as "target equivalent" to a man.

Tho of course here in Kali, my masters in Sacremento hath decreed that I may not own either rifle:( .

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a colt ar15
Bushmaster AR15 Clone
Maadi AK
Polytech AK National Match
Federal M1A
Springfield M1A
The .308's win

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not bad at all...I just posted a pic of my preban AR and my various AK's...I guess I'll have to take pics of the rest of my guns...lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just learned how to do this today, so i'm just practicing. I'll get some other guns out next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in south africa a couple decades ago, the reccies would leave their R1's in camp,( didn't want to gave to clean them) tie a rope on an AK and drag it along behind them. The also replaced the batteries in their radios with beer. ( They like their beer, they just bought miller brewing...)
They were just fielding the R4 then , it was a beautyful AK design in 223, the finish matched a good sporting rifle on the ones I got to handle. They wouldn't have an m-16 on a recon if there was anything else available.
I like the looks of the ak devivatives with the trigger moved back and a standard stock, they look quite a bit like the '08 remington.
I would like to do that with the -16 design, make it a little less of a target.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If TSHTF, the big problem will be ammo logistics. Proper Guerillas use the same caliber as their opponents, so as to be able to use captured/scrounged ammo. This means 5.56X45 in todays environment. When the UN/NATO thugs come calling, that's the caliber they'll be carrying.
That said, my weapon would be my Bushmaster M17S. It uses the same ammo and mags as the Nato troopies, but is easier to clean/maintain than the AR-15. A good .223 AK variant would be good, too.

:usa: :sniper:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts