Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to purchase a AR15 before I am unable to do so & was really having a hard time even finding one since the Fuehrer signed his executive order. It's understandable the prices have gone thru the roof with the supply & demand caused by the effort of our government to stomp out the second amendment. My question is do you think I would be better served to build one & do you think I'd have better luck acquiring the parts to do so? I would like to have a quality rifle for $1000ish if possible.... I haven't ever built one before but I have watched a few videos & it doesn't look to difficult. I'd ultimately like to have a tier one rifle for a tier 2 price point. Any advice is greatly appreciated & specific suggestions on uppers & lowers etc welcome

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
From what I have seen you may have a problem finding all the parts you will need to build one. Lower parts kits, upper and lower receivers and bolt carriers to be specific seem to be fairly hard to find and barrels are very limited in choice. I would like to build an upper but am not going to settle for a barrel because it was the only thing I could find. If I can't find the one I want I will just wait and hope things settle down. I would keep an eye on the for sale sections of shooting forums and keep checking Guns America and Gunbroker.com and you may luck out and find something. Either that or place back order parts that you want and hope that they come in someday so that you don't end up with a rifle that won't shoot because you are missing something important, like a barrel or bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was afraid of that.... There's a gun show today at the fairgrounds here in Oklahoma City & maybe I'll get lucky and find one.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I really don't know anything about them but they sound like they should be decent. I tried to click on buy it now and it said "unable to process internet orders at this time pleas call for further help in placing your order". Doesn't sound like they are really available. I also tried to purchace their Sig 556 for $1141 and got the same message.

·
Registered
343 Posts
went to the gunshow today, I could find lowers ($450 - $600)
or complete guns ($1000-3000+)
No uppers at all!!!! No BCG!!!
$7 boxes of walmart ammo was $17!!!
on the bright side (I guess) Pmags were $40 and cheapo metal mags $35 - I still won't buy at those prices!

Looks like I'll be waiting for an upper for awhile!

Good luck trying to build one, I lucked out with my PSA parts kit!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
You don't need an FFL to buy an upper. Believe it or not you can buy the whole AR in parts and have everything except the stripped lower shipped directly to your home. The stripped lower has to go to the FFL dealer. It is the only part with a serial number.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to the gun show today too & it was just ridiculous what they were charging! I got a couple buddies that are cops & I got them checking around for parts & rifles. Has anything actually changed since Obama signed his executive order? I'm in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I would wait until the panic buying dies down and prices get back to a normal level. AR's are not going anywhere. I really doubt they could get a new assault rifle ban through this congress. I could be wrong but it is political suicide with a mid term election coming up in two years.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't know if anyone thought of it yet, but if they ban AR's - just think how many jobs will be lost! I think 80% of AR's and parts are made in the USA

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have seen plenty of ARs for sale in iowa. I was at the gun show yesterday, ARs price somewhere from $1500 to $3000

·
Registered
200 Posts
you wont find any under 1500.00 as of now. There is an AWB looming so the closer we get to one the more the prices rise.

buy an lower, built the upper is about the cheapest way to go, you wont find any quality parts most of them are back ordered for a year or so.

anyways good luck to your endeavor in finding an AR15 i hope you do find one !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts