Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this rifle hasnt been out for all that long, maybe less than a decade or so and I've read some good things about it and a few bad reviews here and there, so I thought I'd see if anyone here owns one(or more) or if anyone here has friends who own them and how well do they work, how do they hold up? They are very light and pretty darn cheap, so it would be nice if they were good guns wouldnt it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
-_-
I guess this rifle hasnt been out for all that long, maybe less than a decade or so and I've read some good things about it and a few bad reviews here and there, so I thought I'd see if anyone here owns one(or more) or if anyone here has friends who own them and how well do they work, how do they hold up? They are very light and pretty darn cheap, so it would be nice if they were good guns wouldnt it?
SU-16 isn't a AR15.

For the same price, you can get a AR15 which is a better option if you dont already own one.

I dont own one, its just my opinion looking at cost.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-_-

SU-16 isn't a AR15.

For the same price, you can get a AR15 which is a better option if you dont already own one.

I dont own one, its just my opinion looking at cost.
Oh I know its not an AR15, but there isnt an SU16 forum here, and the AR15 is the closest fit because they both use the same magazines, fire the same round, and the SU16 is kinda a mix of the AR and AK from a system standpoint.

You are saying that I could buy a 'decent quality', new AR15 for under $500?

·
Registered
663 Posts
It is kind of a mix. I've read a lot about it and the big thing that turns people off about it is the break in period. Kel-Tec says you should expect a few jams in the first couple hundred rounds, most people dont know that and think the gun is at fault.

I have fired one at the range and its a sweet little gun. The one the one thing I dont like it the buttstock has deep, sharp ridges in it and It feels like that would eat into your shoulder after you fire it a lot. The guy that owned it liked it as well, however, didn't trust it for HD because of the jamming period.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh I know its not an AR15, but there isnt an SU16 forum here, and the AR15 is the closest fit because they both use the same magazines, fire the same round, and the SU16 is kinda a mix of the AR and AK from a system standpoint.

You are saying that I could buy a 'decent quality', new AR15 for under $500?
Never seen one for that cheap, list price is from 660 to almost 800 depending on model.

My AR cost 705.00 with the ffl transfer from buds guns. They dont have the model I bought in stock any more, but they have this one. Del-Ton Inc Echo Semi-Automatic 223 Remington/5.56 NATO 30+1 $689.00 SHIPS FREE

If you have your heart set on the SU-16, and it only costs 500 then I would get it if thats what you want...seems like a good deal.

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
:lol:Had one once-be danged if I can remember where it went!Must have been too much whiskey under the bridge!Anyway what i can remember is that it cost me about 650-out the door,did as I always did and fired a box of factory stuff thru it for warrantee stuff-no ftf's and plenty accurate for a pencil barrel!This was a 16charlie that has the foldable but shootable anyway rear stock.I continued to fire about 3 more boxes of home rolled stuff with no ftfs and accuracy improved.Got it to about 1-1&1/4 " at 100 and left it alone!I put on a cheapy chinesey scope 2x6p and that completed the dressup.Very light and stowable in a backpack,and with a two point neckstrap type sling quite carryable and pointable.The folding bypod front stock is to me a bit of a joke,and the rear folding stock was too flexable to be used under "severe" conditions.It did not like the ss109 62 grain gi ammo(but then my m4orgery did not like it either) and both have the 16 inch barrels.I thought it was more difficult to break down and clean than necessary-or maybe I just did it wrong.Found out that birchwood casey spray stuff works,and "canned air" for computors without complete breakdown of action.Not a bad firearm-just not a combat arm.For hiking and camping and truck gun-it seems adequate!....Now where the he!! did I put it?:blink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never seen one for that cheap, list price is from 660 to almost 800 depending on model.

My AR cost 705.00 with the ffl transfer from buds guns. They dont have the model I bought in stock any more, but they have this one. Del-Ton Inc Echo Semi-Automatic 223 Remington/5.56 NATO 30+1 $689.00 SHIPS FREE

If you have your heart set on the SU-16, and it only costs 500 then I would get it if thats what you want...seems like a good deal.
I dont have my heart set on it right now, but I was curious if it is a viable option for a tough, reliable rifle. They are very light so it would be great if they were tough and reliable. I am just trying to figure out which one(or more) of the AR15 magazine compatible to buy at some point soon, after the holidays.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Go to youtube and watch NutNFancy's videos about it

No BS guy that does some great reviews

1 - 8 of 8 Posts