Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got two of these mags for my Mini-14 and was wondering if anyone here has tried them. I got them from The Sportsman's Guide for about $22 each.

Thanks!

X2K

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not to thread drift too much but that is a bitchen lookin stock.
Thanks, it's a bit rough because it's a police trade but still looks good for being 16 years old, I really like it.

I bought it in Sept. 2010 and I still have yet to take it to the range. I know.....I SUCK!!! :lol:

X2K

·
Registered
267 Posts
Take those mags and tape a dollar bill to them, that way when you decide to toss them, you can say you actually lost something.

Seriously, those National mags are the worst you can get, especially the 40 round. Load them full and try to cycle them, I bet you can't unload them by hand without a jam.

Reactions: 40nascar
401 Posts
If you can get your money back; TRY

I have 2 John Masen mags that work well, but other than that I have found only Ruger mags work reliably. I have tried a lot of them with no luck. The 40's are especially troublesome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got several metal Pro-Mags that feed well... Got several National that have never managed a single run without jamming. 2-40's that you can't load or unload without them jamming up. Ruger mags would be best if they weren't so 'spensive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had no luck with any size of National brand mags in my 186-series. But if you really want 40's, I can recommend new-manufacture Triple K blued 40 round magazines. I also use PMI/Federal Ordnance in 30 and 40 round blued but they recently got even harder to find and yet more expensive.

I know Triple K's don't have a very good reputation, and I can admit their 30's aren't worth buying but I actually prefer their 40's to my PMI's. I've talked to others that got the same result and also had great luck with their straight profile 20's. YMMV of course, but i hope it helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2-40 rds USA Magazines still in the package, unopened that came with my 581 mini 14. Has anyone ever used these mags in the 40 round?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the replies and advice.

I do have seven factory 20-rounders, two factory 30-rounders and two TAPCO 30-rounders. I plan on trying the TAPCO mags when I try the National mags.

Will keep you posted.

X2K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts