Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOG - Southern Ohio Guns is advertising Mini14 GB's w/ folding stock, flash hider, bayonet lug for $899.00! Is this a good price and has anyone out there bought from these folks?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recall seeing them in Shotgun News a little while back for that price. I've also run across them used for $699, but I think they all got bought up at that price.

If your willing to spend that much case on a mini-14, but for that price you can buy two new standard ones. Get a Ranch and Standard model. And some magazines. The only different will be the lack of flash hider and bayonet lug, which can be installed fairly cheaply on a preban gun. And preban's are running pretty cheap now. I bought mine for $350, and spend another $75 having a bayonet lug and flashhider installed.

For $899, you could get a nice Bushmaster AR... You should really look at your options. And don't forget investment wise, if the '94 assault arms bill isn't renewed when it summits in 2004, the value of that gun will drop quite a bit.

Just my IMHO.

·
Registered
282 Posts
gunsmithlee, you must mean legal muzzlebreak instead of flash hider, right? Surely you wouldn't take a perfectly legal pre-ban sporting rifle like the mini and make an evil assault weapon out of it 'after' the ban.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts