Perfect Union banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Now that you mention it, I've been all over this forum and haven't seen anyone talk of a silencer on a mini. Maybe it's taboo

·
AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
Now that you mention it, I've been all over this forum and haven't seen anyone talk of a silencer on a mini. Maybe it's taboo
Thats because a silencer on a Mini BITES.

The back pressure the suppressor causes on the mini, shoots crap into your face when you shoot it. You better wear safety glasses if you put a suppressor on a Mini. (I've done it on a AC-556 and its not a pleasant experience.) Like I said, you get crap thrown in your face.

·
Super Awesome Member
323 Posts
I wonder if the Troy MCS or Archangel Sparta might mitigate that. The Troys rail runs over the receiver and the Spartas rail is basically a shroud with an opening at the ejection port.

·
AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
I wonder if the Troy MCS or Archangel Sparta might mitigate that. The Troys rail runs over the receiver and the Spartas rail is basically a shroud with an opening at the ejection port.
Those stocks would probably help a ton. I think a Rail over the port with optics would also help. Shooting it open sites, its very uncomfortable. You get all the powder residue thrown into your face. (I've done this on semi-auto and it still does it. On full auto, Its like someone shooting you in the face with a sand blaster).

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you dont have a suppressed rifle you dont know what fun your missing .
I wish I had bought a mini tactical instead of a ranch rifle . I shoot 5.56 300 black out and 308 suppressed . I think I am going to get one for my 22lr next.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you dont have a suppressed rifle you dont know what fun your missing .
I wish I had bought a mini tactical instead of a ranch rifle . I shoot 5.56 300 black out and 308 suppressed . I think I am going to get one for my 22lr next.
Let me know when you are ready.
I have a metric ton of .22 cans in stock.

I have a friend that has a Mini-30 that is threaded and canned. I'll try to get some pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts