Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does anyone know of a series 80 titanium firing pin?
Hi kananman, I don't know of a source. However, if you are trying to hot-rod lock time to improve performance, a better approach would be to convert your series 80 to a series 70. See:

Then you can find titanium firing pins.

Having said that, I once did this conversion, but eventually returned the Colt to the original series 80. Since I was more into self defense than bullseye performance with my Colt 1911, the series 80 works just fine. Also, I won't have to explain to the police (or a court) on why I modified my pistol after a shooting.

Regards,
Richard

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Ive done this conversion to my target 80 series, but I was intending the pin for my daily carry so I don't want to disengage the safety. I doubt one is made so I'll probably order a new stainless. Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the response. Ive done this conversion to my target 80 series, but I was intending the pin for my daily carry so I don't want to disengage the safety. I doubt one is made so I'll probably order a new stainless. Thanks
Hi kananman, other than grips I wouldn't make any modification to a carry gun. While you are on the witness stand can you hear the prosecutor suggest that you added a titanium firing pin to (increase lock time) be able to kill your target faster, you having a complete disregard for human life? ;)

IMO, never modify a carry gun.

Regards,
Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.