Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I was all ready to go to one this summer, practiced on an AQT, put a sling on my 10/22, packed up all the recommended gear . . . and then woke up the day before sick as heck, so didn't go.:( I'm going to try to make one this spring.

I've read universally good reviews of Appleseed. Met a few of their people last year and they seemed very competent and dedicated, yet with no ego.

Many shoots are at fairly short ranges, so using a .22 might save you some $; but if I had a Target Mini, I might take it just for the the torture test experience. From what I've read, there's a lot more movement/hitting the deck than just bench-type shooting, so it'll be interesting to see how that tuner holds up

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
a little off topic, but I bought a Marlin model 795 to create a "Liberty Training Rifle" for shooting my first appleseed. I have to say, the trigger needs some work, but out of the box it is as accurate or more accurate than my fully tricked out 10-22, and all for around $100. I added the tech sights, and am still breaking in the gun to be sure I don't have any failures at my first appleseed, coming up in December as well. Doing the trigger on this gun is not much more difficult that doing your own mini-14 trigger job (ala gun doc).

401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Empty Member
290 Posts
Yep , going this weekend . Gonna brave 30* temps and snow cause its just that much fun . I see you guys found my thread about my thoughts on what a great program they offer , and it about sums up my first experience . Got the Tacsol AR 22 upper back last week , as it was out for some repairs . They put a new barrel and bolt in it , to solve my out of battery FTFeed issues . Good company , they stand by thier product . Gave it a good beating this last week , 300 rounds with only 1 FTF , and it was a good solid hammer strike so i'll blame the ammo . Bringing the varmint upper , and the Mini as back ups just in case . Do it , you won't be dissapointed :D

·
Phillies Phan
108 Posts
There's an Appleseed right here in my back yard in Mechanicsville, Va on Dec 4-5. I am definitely going and definitely taking my Mini!

After purchasing it 2 years ago and making my mods (gas bushing, trigger job, Accu Strut, Choate M4 stock, extended mag release), I am ready to put it through the AQT.

For me, it's a perfect opportunity to put the Mini to the test and to get a refresher on my Marksmanship Training.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.