Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any more of you guys that like xp-100s like I do. Tell us what you have, what you like, what you don't like and what you use them for. I have 2 at present. Both 7mmBR. One custom with Hart 10" barrel, McMillan stock, Holosight and shoots 1/2" at 100 yds. The other is pure stock, 14and1/2" barrel that my 12 year old daughter shoots. We shoot a lot of groundhogs with them and my only coyote kill to date is with mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dont have one, but was looking for info. from you on your holosight. How durable do you think it is, like for a 454? I have been kicking this question around with others. I have to wonder why there is only a 2 year warranty, correct?, on the holosight, seems like they're not real sure of the product. I am just as interested in the warranty as the sight, I depend on a good warranty when I buy a product, and 2 years, I just dont know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sarge, I don't know why they have the short warranty. I have 2 first generation and 1, 2nd generation holosights. I have not encountered any problems yet. I also know they must be reasonably tough becuse I had one of the xp's fall off the cleaning bench the other day and hit the concrete floor holosight first!! Went back to the range and it as still zeroed!! That was the same one that fell off the sandbag from the hood of the truck last summer and landed in the dirt. Picked it up and proceeded to kill a groundhog at 122 yds. I have seen one generation 2 holosight that was not right from the factory. I tested all three of my holosights on a Model 29 for the gunsmith who had the defective one. He sent his back and they gave him one no questions asked. That 44 Magnum is the hardest recoiling gun I've tried them on but I think they are up to the test. I'm still amazed at the sight picture. If you have reasonably good eyesight and can see the target with your unaided eye you can put the holosight on it. The longest shot I've made(measured and witnessed ) is 376 yds. on a groundhog in PA. Let me know what you decide to do. I would be interested in your results. I have a 2nd generation that I don't need if you are interested.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sarge, The one I have to spare was new in Sept. It was the one that I used to check the gunsmiths gun out. It has been on both my xp's and his 44Magnum just basically for testing. It is in the gun safe right now and hasn't been on a gun since November. As far as the warranty, the card is still in the box. You could fill it out. It has a 1MOA dot. I'll ship it to you and include 0ne set of brand new batteries for 160.00. total. My e-mail is [email protected] if you want to send regular e-mail.

·
Registered
51 Posts
GroundhogD.,

I appreciate the price of your holosight as being an excellent offer, and I wish I could take you up on it, but after a few rather expensive purchases yesterday, (new military uniforms), I dont think I will be able to swing it for a while. Thank you very much for the option to purchase it, I wish I could, maybe later. Ryan.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sarge, It will be in the safe unless I find something else to put it on. I know it's good and you never know when the next deal will come up!! The guy at the local gunshop gave me a signed copy of his FFL today and said "I know you're out on the road a lot, take this and if you need it, tell them to send the gun to me." I think that was extra nice. Now I won't want to buy anything that doesn't come thru his shop, I'd feel guilty!! Anyway I understand the uniform thing. I'm a farmer and undersand those uexpected purchases!!! I really enjoy this sight and the other one too. My TV hardly gets turned on anymore!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.