Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to buy an AR-15 last summer but ran into some financial issues so I decided not to buy one. Turns out it was the worst decision of my life (well 2nd worst, first was the decision that got me into the finacial issue in the first place). Anyways, I have been looking all around and only found one in my whole area. Unfortunately it wasn't up to the standards I was looking for and rediculously overpriced (DPMS Sportical which I found sells around $650 normally was marked up to $1800).

So with that being said, I am really concerned I might've missed my opportunity to get one. Does anyone here work for or know what's going on with the AR-15 manufacturers? I would think if people are willing to spend massive amounts of money on these things, companies would be buying more manufacturing equipment and hiring as many temps as they can to pump these out as fast as they can make them. Although I fear that they might be slowing down until they figure out what Washington is going to do in which case I may not see another new one for quite a while.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It takes 2-3 months to order, deliver, and install a new CNC machine, so don't hold your breath. Besides that, the manufacturers have to fill thousands of back orders.

A magazine ban is more likely than a full AW gun ban, you should be looking for magazines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
there will be no ban of guns, ammo, or mags. the Repubs know better than to vote for such a disaster and even some Dems remember what happened in the 94 Congressional elections. :) In a few months, AR;'s will be b ack under $700, just watch. They are made in US, so no, the Prez CANNOT stop their sale by Executive order, as Clinton and Bush Sr stopped imported rifles, steel cored AK ammo, and so on

·
Registered
343 Posts
They will get inventory eventually.
I just missed some pmags at psa by minutes because I had to run down stairs to get my credit card! I wish theyed keep my CC on file!
reg pmags $21.99, windowed pmags $24.99

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If you're in Kentucky, you probably already know about Whittaker. If you're not in Kentucky, it doesn't matter. Good luck.

401 Posts
I agree

there will be no ban of guns, ammo, or mags. the Repubs know better than to vote for such a disaster and even some Dems remember what happened in the 94 Congressional elections. :) In a few months, AR;'s will be b ack under $700, just watch. They are made in US, so no, the Prez CANNOT stop their sale by Executive order, as Clinton and Bush Sr stopped imported rifles, steel cored AK ammo, and so on
I bought A stainless mini ranch about a year ago off of a guy who paid almost $1000 for it. He shot 1 box of 50 rds through her. I got it for $600. Now a mini is selling in the $1200's in my area. In 6 months I'll bet this all cools off.

Just like the housing market; a bubble; actually the 2nd bubble.

Sincerely though, I hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just came from a gun show and I was shaking my heads at what dealers and private sellers were selling any semi auto for

I saw one buyer shell out $2800 for a used Colt H bar match target. Nothing fancy the same one I bought used last year for $900. A CAR with out any bling for $1900.00, same gun new at Cabella's with red dot sights $675.00 last year.

30 rnd no name AR mags (used steel), last year $3.00 each, today $30.00 each and no qty discounts.

.223 ammo, factory new, brass, $1.00 each, Steel, $.87 each.

It's amazing what the media has stirred up with the present gun law frenzy.

My feeling is that when the dust settles and prices get kinda back to normal some people will be walking around with some very expensive guns.

Just my $.02 worth

Larry

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think you are seeing the new "Normal" for this day and age. The BHO Regime has been considered the "Greatest Gun Salesmen" for the last 4 yrs or so. It is all media driven, and the Internet Forums sure do keep the scary drumbeat alive. Expect more outrage for the next year (especially if there's another mass public shooting), which will taper off before the Mid-term election campaigns (2014) begin. The 2 yrs after that is when I would worry the most, unless Biliary decides to run for CIC. In that case the MSM and the Dems will back-off 2A issues to help here chances in 2016.

WHY complain about gun prices??? It's like complaining about the rising GOLD prices when you have a bar or 2 stashed away. :wacko:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia:

Status of gun industry

Smith & Wesson: Running at Full capacity, making 300+ guns/day, Mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!
Armalite: Maxed out.
DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
COLT: Production runs increasing weekly. Bottle necked by shortages of Bolt carriers.
LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ over 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is back-ordered 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My son was at a gun show this weekend and Winchester bulk 550 packs of 22lr were going for $150. The dealer sold out in 2 hours. That comes out to $3.60 a shot for 22lr. Friggin people are nuts!

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
My son was at a gun show this weekend and Winchester bulk 550 packs of 22lr were going for $150. The dealer sold out in 2 hours. That comes out to $3.60 a shot for 22lr. Friggin people are nuts!
;)Hate to tell ya bud -but your math is off a bit-27cents/round!:huh:

·
Registered
343 Posts
WHAT!!!!!!:blink:
I was at one this weekend and they were only $50 per 500-550 bulk pk
Where are you at? I've got a stash of 9000+ rnds I'll sell for that price!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia:

Status of gun industry

Smith & Wesson: Running at Full capacity, making 300+ guns/day, Mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!
Armalite: Maxed out.
DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
COLT: Production runs increasing weekly. Bottle necked by shortages of Bolt carriers.
LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ over 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is back-ordered 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
Very Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I guess you failed to NOTICE what happened to us here in NY?!?!?!?

you had better NOTICE... cause its coming your way VERY SOON!!

unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I guess you failed to NOTICE what happened to us here in NY?!?!?!?

you had better NOTICE... cause its coming your way VERY SOON!!

unfortunately.
No insult intended what so ever, but New Yorkers brought that on themselves. The state is polluted with liberal retards and it's getting worse.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't look for complete guns, look for lowers, DSA still has decent prices (125-225) for a good lower. I even bought a 80% finished lower for 280$ and all it needs now is blueing. That's just incase worse comes to worse and they start rounding up guns, which I will destroy all my guns, then build them again since I have 2 of everything. But that won't happen, just plan Z.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts