Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend offered to sell one of his handguns to me. He has a Glock 22 (.40cal), Ruger SR40 (.40cal), and a S&W M&P Compact (9mm). He rarely gets to shoot them, so they are still like new. One of them he bought barely a month ago.

Does anyone have personal experience with these? I'm not a big fan of Glock, but I do like the .40cal round. I really like the M&P line, but I'm not a big fan of 9mm. So you can see where your input may help me out here :wacko:

· Registered
2,273 Posts
Whats your intended use? If its a defensive arm I would go with the .40 if you can handle and shoot it, not that the 9mm is a bad defensive round the .40 IMO is a better stopper. If its going th be just a range toy mostly I would go 9mm, probably a bit cheaper to shoot and ammo can be found.

They are all good and capable pieces though I am not a fan of Glocks, it really boils down to what you like the best or like the most

· Registered
116 Posts
In my area it is easier to find 40 ammo than 9mm. However I think the M&P is the better gun. Be aware there are 2 styles of M&P's however, some that shoot with magazine out and some that will not. I also prefer 40's.

· USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not really concerned with ammo anymore. I find plenty on Gunbroker that are returning back to pre-panic prices.

So far, I am leaning towards the S&W M&P. It'll give me a good concealed weapon and will also be cheaper to shoot.

· Registered
302 Posts
I strongly recommend the M&P. I just re-purposed my wifes for my summer carry as I have finally grown up and admitted that it is too much of a PITA to conceal a full-sized pistol in shorts and a t-shirt. I typically carry a full-sized M&P 9mm. I recently consolidated my ammo calibers and got rid of my .45 and went with a 9mm. My mags and ammo are now compatible with my wifes choice.

· Registered
80 Posts
I've had all three, and they're all good guns. It boils down to whichever one "floats your boat".

· Registered
1,140 Posts
SR40 is just an SR9 on steroids...and I have the SR9 and love it.

Having said that, I also have time behind the M&P 9mm, and it is a great shooter also.

There is nothing wrong with a Glock...except that I hate them. Just a personal opinion, and not a knock against their quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.