Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any luck running the Yugo surplus 7.62x39 brass case in their Mini 30? I know it is mildly corrosive and that does not bother me. I would think the primers (Berdan) would be easier on the Mini 30 since the anvil is brass as compared to the steel anvil in the steel cased ammo. Personal experience as well as general opinions are welcome.:D

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I have shot a box of it awhile back. a nephew has an SKS and had some of it along with couple other makes.
no misfires, grouped fairly well but a bit sooty, dripping wet windex spray and wipe down cleaned it well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not bad shooting!

My Mini 30 loves anything brass-cased. Yugo surplus, Golden Bear, and the expensive American-manufactured ammo. What it does not like are the steel-cased Russian ammo. Hard primers and all, and I haven't gotten around to changing out the hammer spring on my Mini. When I have a hankering to burn up a bunch of the steel cased stuff, I just bring my AK.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
don't neglect a wash-down with windex or similar after the mil-surp that is cooro-primered. does'nt take much time.
I shot 100's of rounds of chinese sardine can mil-surp (corro-primered) when it was availble with no problems except haveing to wash. this was the copper washed steel bullet with the hardened 'penetrator' core that is now selling for over 1$ a pop.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
in my experience the best washing fluid to follow up corro-primered ammo with is winter mix windsheild wash fluid - due to the alky it contains to keep it from freezing. alky really cuts through the crud. also drys quickly, I clean with it, a rinse with it then wipe down and re-lube.
not much trouble once you have the routine set.
I'm gonna order a case of the Yugo to split w/my nephew that has SKS, his shoots that stuff great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.