Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions for ranges towards the Lawrence area? Haven't been able to shoot my .308 anywhere since I moved back to school. We have an indoor pistol range but that's about it.

·
M.I.A.
1,474 Posts
You ought to be able to drive in almost any direction and eventually come upon a farmer. Don't carry the rifle with you, be respectful, and sincerely ask him if there are any outdoor places that he would know of that could oblige you. Be ready to offer money, possibly to him or whatever place he names. Most of northern rural Kansas hunts some thing. Whether pheasant, waterfowl or white tails. Most just want to make sure you're not going to A; shoot them, B; shoot yourself, C; scare game or put holes in something you otherwise ought not...

I suppose this means I'm talking to a Jayhawker, eh?

·
Registered
110 Posts
My neighbor and I went to the Kaw Valley Gun Club in Topeka. I had two new BERSA pistols to shoot, a .380 & .22lr. The range was filthy with poor lighting and ventilation. We may drive to KC next time, or shoot into the dam of a nearby pond.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.