Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy whos gonna give me his wasr for a fairly cheap price
I live in CA... so hi caps arent an option
Im totally ignorant on ak variants.. so yes.. i expect a little ribbing for my stupidity

so on to my questions

1 why dont wasrs need to worry bout 922 compliance until after widening the well

2 if i dont care about the hi caps do i really need to widen it?

3 if i dont widen it can i change the stock and still not have to worry bout 922

4 what other questions should this dumbass know before buyin this?

·
Registered
35,793 Posts
1. I think because as long as the mag well isn't widened, no mags exceeding ten rounds fit, therefor it's not classed "evil."
I'm not 100% sure 922r doesn't apply to the single stack WASR. Someone here knows, or run a search to find out for certain.

2. Not if you can find the single stack 10 round mags for it.

3. As long as it's single stack and 922r doesn't apply, yes. Century's used different configurations over the years, and for their different models. If 922r applies, and it's a US mfr stock, then you'll have to replace it with a US-made one, or count parts. There are a number of sites to help with that; here is one:
Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

4. Check for canted front sight block, and more critically, canted gas block. The former can be fixed if needed, but the latter should be a deal breaker because it can't be easily fixed and will cause the piston to rub inside the gas tube resulting in wear and poor function.
The single stack WASRs have original parts which is good with the possible exception of the trigger assembly. If the trigger slaps or is otherwise uncomfortable, it's fairly easy to swap it out for a Tapco G2. The regular WASR has those and they're good quality.
I'd think there'd be aftermarket ten round single stack mags available, and though I prefer the original factory steel ones, many aftermarket mags are plenty reliable for practice. That saves the time and trouble of modifying the mag well, plus there's the added assurance of reliable function that comes from keeping the rifle in its original factory configuration.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my main thing is i really dont wanna alter it...
except the bare stock looks like ass.. maybe ill stain it then
Ive shot it.. its a fun little gun
I think ill pick it up from him

thanks

·
AK-47 Junkie
74 Posts
truthfully as someone who's owned all brands of ak, wasr's included i wholeheartedly represent the egyptian maadi. it's based off russian tooling. it is of exceptional quality. the price is very similar to the wasr. it was feature in red dawn. lol a bonus.

my question to you is this. you're spending your hard earned money on a rifle. do you really want to invest in a weapons system that has so many if's and questions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts