Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the neighborhood and decided to drop by Bass Pro to see if by some random chance they had powder to load my new .35 Remington.

They didn't have the Varget I was looking for, but I ended up getting some Benchmark, which is also suppose to be a good powder for the .35 Rem.

The score came when I was milling about getting a box of Hyrda-shok for my 9mm (plenty of that on the shelf). Up rolls the store staff with a cart full of ammo cans. 420 rounds of 62gr Lake City 5.56mm..for $199! Of course I grabbed a can...just for GP.

At $9.50/bx equivalent that's not exactly pre-stupidity prices, but still not unreasonable...and I got another ammo can...yay. :rolleyes:

They also had a Bushmaster M4 (Mil-Spec) in the new display for only $949! :eek: I SOOOO wanted to grab it, but I have resigned myself that I don't need a short barrel AR when I have the Mini. Still, a very good deal for someone.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
supplies are coming in.

two weeks ago my local range was selling ADI (australian military) green tip 62gr rounds. Sealed in blister packs, $420 per can of 900rd (green steel 223 ammo can). it is even 2012 production.

still no 9mm ammo, though.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
22LR is coming in as well (on the other hand that range had never ran out of 22LR, at the worst point they only had stingers and mini-mags in stock, but now everything is available :lol:)

Get ready to buy away. Until the next big rush comes along. If nothing else happens, we can always count on Hillary to run in 2016 :unsure: :wacko:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I stopped into a local indoor range the other day and found they were rationing people 100rds a day on .223/5.56. Picked up a few boxes of Prvi Partizan, PMC Xtac 5.56, and a box of Independence because I haven't tried it (even though they were asking over $15 per 20rd.) I'm not sure what the fuss is about it, it seems really rough yet expensive in comparison to everything I have. Except the crappy Greek Olympic 55gr stuff where the brass seems very cheap and flimsy, that will shoot out of my 186-series just not very well.

Before this mess kicked off I traded 90% scrap silver coins to a friend for Olympic, Wolf, and PMC Bronze/Xtac M855. Also Bought 55gr Fiocchi & 62gr Armscor .223rem @ $20 per 50rd box. I got real lucky when my buddy came home from the Marines and found 5 stripper clips of 5.56 green tip stuffed into a random pouch in his deployment pack. Sidenote: Those look ROUGH, more so than handling can do. The size of the body/shoulder dents was surprising.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was in the neighborhood and decided to drop by Bass Pro to see if by some random chance they had powder to load my new .35 Remington.

They didn't have the Varget I was looking for, but I ended up getting some Benchmark, which is also suppose to be a good powder for the .35 Rem.

The score came when I was milling about getting a box of Hyrda-shok for my 9mm (plenty of that on the shelf). Up rolls the store staff with a cart full of ammo cans. 420 rounds of 62gr Lake City 5.56mm..for $199! Of course I grabbed a can...just for GP.

At $9.50/bx equivalent that's not exactly pre-stupidity prices, but still not unreasonable...and I got another ammo can...yay. :rolleyes:

They also had a Bushmaster M4 (Mil-Spec) in the new display for only $949! :eek: I SOOOO wanted to grab it, but I have resigned myself that I don't need a short barrel AR when I have the Mini. Still, a very good deal for someone.
Similar thing happened to me about two weeks ago in BP. They had just gotten in some .45, .40, and .38, when this BP guy comes around the corner w/ a shopping cart and asks, "Does anybody need any 5.56 millimeter?" He had the same 420 round green ammo cans of Federal green tips, sealed w/ a zip tie. I think he had 8 cans, 4 other guys took a can each, and since I was the last one left, I took the remaining 4 cans. They have a 10 "box" limit, so I grabbed 6 boxes of .45 and headed for the register. My cans were $189 each.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not here...when it comes to ammo cans, they limit you to one of each type.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Ammo is starting to trickle back into stores, thankfully. The gun salesman in the BX said they are starting to get steady shipments every week, but they just aren't getting large shipments.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The MCX here just got a huge shipment of PMags.. Enough that it even lasted the weekend $14.95 per. Limit of 3 per person per day.

They also had PMC .223 bronze for $13-14 per box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Boy, have I been out of touch on this ammo shortage crisis! Today, the Sportsmans Guide put up on their ammo page that almost all of their .223/5.56 ammo is "not currently available for order." I thought I was never going to get any cheap ammo for my newly acquired, used Mini 14. Then, the guy I got the rifle from calls me and asks me if I want to buy the rest of his ammo. Wow! Didn't know he had any, and he said he thought he had 200-300 rounds. Hee, hee. Turned out to be over 900 rounds, and in a fit of generosity, I gave him 27 cents a round. He turned around and paid his rent. Win, win!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.