Perfect Union banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend at ork who is selling some Federal match .223. He wants $500 for 1000 rounds. Anyone see a better deal than this? I am just getting into Minis and .223.

Bob

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I have a friend at ork who is selling some Federal match .223. He wants $500 for 1000 rounds. Anyone see a better deal than this? I am just getting into Minis and .223.

Bob
Hi Bob;

What's the product number of the loading (i.e. "AE223" or somesuch marked on the box)? If you know the loading, you can find its MSRP online.

Sounds pretty good to me if its original (not handloads), clean, been stored correctly, and in the original boxes and its real "match" ammo. If it means anything, in this neck of the woods I'm paying 50 cents a pop for M193 ball ammo (5.56x45 milsurp FMJBT) and lucky to find that.

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Where is ork? I want to go there at 50 cents a round. In this marketplace, I think that is a pretty good price. It is hard enough just to find 1000 rounds in one place for sale at any price.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was at Sportsmans guide a little over a week ago. They had range fodder 223 for 12.99 a box of 20 with a limit of 3 boxes per visit.
So it looks like 500 for 1k rounds of good ammo is a good deal. I just bought some 7.62 x 39 for 7.99 per 20.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is ork? I want to go there at 50 cents a round. In this marketplace, I think that is a pretty good price. It is hard enough just to find 1000 rounds in one place for sale at any price.
I tend to use my iPad for web surfing at home. I have big fingers and find lots of misspellings and typos when I use the iPad. I missed that one - should have been work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The only ammo I can find for sale around me (Milwaukee-Waukesha Metro Area) Is one local store/indoor range selling 20rd boxes of PMC 5.56, Independence 5.56, and Serb 5.56 for between $12-$15 depending on the brand. Once I can find some Varget I'll be able to get back to loading in full-swing and avoid these prices.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bob, It's all good!;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
We know what you meant, Bob. We're mostly fun loving people and that was too good to pass up. thefixer is right, it's all good. NANU NANU . Please feel free to make fun of me any time.

fishslayerbob

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Ammoman had the best deal I could find

I found myself not wanting to shoot so I bought some more. I scoured the internet even the firearm auction sites. The "danish Penetrator", no it's not a screen name:lol: I boought 750 rds for $599 delivered. Outrageous compared to pre Sandy Hook. But I was not shooting and once I sat down and thought about it, I was hoarding my existing supply. So you were getting one heck of a deal, buy it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I found myself not wanting to shoot so I bought some more. I scoured the internet even the firearm auction sites. The "danish Penetrator", no it's not a screen name:lol: I boought 750 rds for $599 delivered. Outrageous compared to pre Sandy Hook. But I was not shooting and once I sat down and thought about it, I was hoarding my existing supply. So you were getting one heck of a deal, buy it.
Is that the stuff packed in clips and shrinkwrapped? How does it shoot? Is it clean? I've been thinking about ordering some of that.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Guys, you can still get it at WM at about 40 cents a round, you just have to play the game. Its a gamble sometimes, but a month ago Fed 420rd cans for 175, last week I picked up Fed 100rd for $35/box. You just have to put in the footwork.

Eric

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Is that the stuff packed in clips and shrinkwrapped? How does it shoot? Is it clean? I've been thinking about ordering some of that.

Thanks
Yup, that's the stuff. It's rated highly from the buyer reviews. I won't get it until next week and won't shoot until I get a nice weather weekend. If you wait till I shoot it, it will be gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.