Perfect Union banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lurked for quite a while, and this is my first post!

Are any of you familiar with Amega Mounts Amega Mounts Home page ? They have an interesting picatinny rail mount, and I'd be interested. But I'd like to know experiences.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I recently added a scout mount to my Tactical Mini-14. With the Weaver Red/Green Dot aboard, it's a tack driver...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait a minute! I called Amega, and they told me that I couldn't have an accu-strut and a scout mount. It appears they were wrong. Their story was that both were barrel stabilizers and wouldn't work together. Yours is sweet looking!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently bought an Amega mount. Amazing quality, perfectly machined and finished. The best way to mount a red dot. The dot sits low enough to keep a good cheek weld. The mini keeps its handiness with the Amega mount. Can't recomend it enough.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Wait a minute! I called Amega, and they told me that I couldn't have an accu-strut and a scout mount. It appears they were wrong. Their story was that both were barrel stabilizers and wouldn't work together. Yours is sweet looking!
Maybe you should have asked them about the Mo-Rod instead! ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
"Wait a minute! I called Amega, and they told me that I couldn't have an accu-strut and a scout mount. It appears they were wrong. Their story was that both were barrel stabilizers and wouldn't work together. Yours is sweet looking!"

I suggest you email the head cheese at Accustrut and ask him. Depends on which barrel you have as to what strut will fit. I don't think the rail system has anything to do with it because the gas block doesn't change. It's the bottom half of the gas block (that bolts onto the rail) and the barrel that determines the type of strut that will fit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't have a Scout Rail but I do have a Accu-Strut SOCOM. I don't see where s strut would interfere with a Scout Rail, if I was to install one. As suggested, I'd call back and ask to speak with the Big Kahuna there at Amega. Just to clear things up. As you have seen, it can be done with both the Mo-Rod and Accu-Strut.

I love all the cool builds a person gets to see here. The Mini can be transformed into a sexy rifle, with lots of personality.

·
absit iniuria verbis
317 Posts
I love my AmegaRanges Mini-14-Scout Mount 580 with Accu-Strut. Even after multiple field strips, it remains solidly in place and my red-dot still holds zero. It has a gutter to see your irons when your scope goes poop. It seemed kind of expensive at the time, but I'm glad I have it. I have both accessory mounts for the sides but don't plan on ever using them, except for maybe a flashlight when I'm out at the BOL.

·
Registered
141 Posts
To everyone that has the Amega ranges scout mount, can everyone post a pic of their rifle with the Left side showing. Id like to see the gap down the side.....

Heres mine:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts