Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Basic, only the last even has a review rating, and it is one-star...

Keep looking!

At some point, you may need to decide on outward looks versus performance...

Air-gun rated are better survivors of Minis, in general.

Have a UTG 3-9X32 AO CQB AO scope that is appropriate for my Minis, but sits a bit high. But it is air-gun capable, which handles well the forward impact of the Mini's op-rod. Tough to fit on the standard newer Mini-14 rail, though...It sits in a drawer, with a red-dot replacing it. Lighter, handier, and more fitting for a carbine...

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
There is cheap and then there is real cheap . I've had two barska scopes on a couple of 22s for 9 or ten years with no problems . I never considered any of my 22s to have much recoil of concern for these scopes (barskas) . Even this being considered , I wouldn't go too cheap like the ones you posted . I use my 22s for rabbits and squirrels and invasive critters in my garden , never out more than fifty yards usually around 35 yards .

Simmons is another cheaper brand scope I've had luck with on a 17hmr , you might look into that .

Yes I'll admit to using cheap glass on rimfires .... works for me .

Reactions: whofarted and RJF

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any recommendations on a decent-quality, compact, SILVER scope? The big manufacturers, Simmons, Bugbuster, Barska, Leapers, etc, make some popular scopes but don't seem to offer a silver option. At least not that I've seen.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Basic, I run a Simmons 3-9X32 AO scope on my 10/22. A perfect fit and wonderful for variable ranges where parallax might be an issue. At some point, you may just want to settle for a decent scope that isn't silver.

Duct tape is "silver"...:)

The irony of it is that I had a silver BSA scope I painted black to match my Marlin 99M1...

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Reactions: RJF

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
https://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-4x32-Plinker-22-Riflescope-Silver/dp/B001JJCHXE?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001JJCHXE

Here is one . 4x32 fixed . Click on link , scroll down and there are more , in silver . Google works like magic . Amazon brings it to your mailbox .
Thanks, but I was looking for a compact scope. The scopes in the OP appear to all be in the sub 8-inch range. The Barska in your link is nearly 12 inches.
I'd prefer something I can leave in place when my TD model goes into the bag.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Thanks, but I was looking for a compact scope. The scopes in the OP appear to all be in the sub 8-inch range. The Barska in your link is nearly 12 inches.
I'd prefer something I can leave in place when my TD model goes into the bag.
Just trying to help..do your own legwork..you are welcome. good luck to you.

Reactions: Nerostarr

·
Registered
122 Posts
Since color and cheapness is more important to features or quality, get a toilet paper tube and paint it silver. Light, silver and cheap! As an added bonus, it'll have better quality than any of the scopes you listed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nikon rimfire and paint it silver. Weaver 2-7 40/44 ballistic X shotgun muzzleloader scope is my favorite 10/22 scope but they discontinued it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts