Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
defenderofliberty
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used Romanian AK47 recently and the guy I bought it from said he had put a Tapco trigger in it. I took it out to the range to get familiar with how it shoots. Well, everything was going smoothly until I pulled the trigger one time and it let out a 3 round burst. This scared me a bit. I took the clip out and cycled the action to clear it and see if I could find anything that was obvious. I took it to a gunsmith who told me all it needed was a "good cleaning":unsure: then he charged me $125.00. Went to the indoor range at Gander Mountain and the same thing happened. Does anyone have a idea of what the problem could be?
Could it be the Tapco trigger? I really don't want to take it back to the gunsmith & pay $125.00 for a "good cleaning" The only thing that got a good cleaning was my wallet!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The only thing that got a good cleaning was my wallet![/QUOTE]

Did it ever!!! I think it could be the secondary sear. someone that knows for sure will be along shortly.:(

·
Registered
833 Posts
how light is the trigger? I have seen some tapco triggers that broke light and very crisp, with a VERY SHORT reset distance! You might be getting a "bumpfire" ... recoil resets the trigger as you are pulling forward on the forearm with the other hand, and you pull it back into your trigger finger... It goes so quickly that by the time your brain registers THREE shots you are letting go!

The only way to TRULY tell would be to lock it in a vice, and remotely pull the trigger and see if it happens... Although I am not sure what you would use to verify a SINGLE pull without any extra tension on the trigger...

:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Weak or improperly installed disconnector spring. When the bolt comes back, the disconnector should lock the hammer from following the bolt forward. Remove crapco fire control group, replace with surplus romanian fcg-problem solved Dont shoot it until you fix it, the hammer following the bolt can predetonate the round before the bolt is locked in full battery, thereby removing your face........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.