Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking I want to get a muzzle brake for my Romanian SAR-1. I was wondering if you guys knew of any good ones. My brother put one on hiss SKS that went around the front sight and was held in place with set screws. When he shot it the brake got loose and his accuracy went to crap so I would like to avoid that. Any ideas???

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think i have the same muzzle brake on my mak-90 the ****in thing is loud LOUD i forogt ear plugs and shot off around 500 rounds today and bumped a bunch of 30 rounders.......if u get that type man thier awsome i used locktite to keep mine on it hasnt moved a bit......but it is ****in loud

·
Registered
419 Posts
How about your brake Rock, is it a lot louder with it?
I have been thinking about getting one, but don't want one of the noisier ones.
I have a brake on my SKS that is not any louder than without. Got it from DC Engineering.

·
Registered
27 Posts
BAM BAM, Yes it is a little bit loud I cant say how much to me the rifle was loud to start with. I did mess-up when I put mine on I went out back and was under the car port becalse it was raining and touched one off (forgot ear plugs) .CRAP ON A CRUTCH! I can still hear the ranging,it was like being in a metal box and a bomb going off!It does reduce recoil buy 50% and muzzle climb is all but gone,The other brakes vent to the sides the same way so sound should be the same.Just remember that pin on brakes are legal threaded ones are not thank Bill for that...what kind of groups are you getting?Mine is doing about 21/2 to 3" at 100 yards...

·
Registered
57 Posts
muzzle brake... can anyone comment, good, bad, or indifferent? I have an SAR-1 and tossed around the idea of installing some type of muzzle brake on it, maybe the slant type, if I can find out more about it... Thanks!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mlfox, I fired a full-auto AK that had a slant break on it, worked OK on muzzle climb but it does not help on recoil. :ar15:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for info Rock. I have a Mini-30, but i check the AK boards, cause it shoots the same round.
Your groups are better than mine right now. :( But I am going to have some work done on it, so it should get in the sub 2 inch range.
The only AK's in gunshops out here before the ban, were Chinese and heavy. Didn't do much for me when I handled them. Thumbhole stocks too.
I see the tricked out SAR 1's and 2's people have on the web, and feel bad I didn't get one, back when I could.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've installed several breaks, and I have a 74 type mounted on my Maadi, and it takes virtually all the felt recoil out, but the muzzle blast is noticably louder with it. Here is a picture of it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts