Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was looking on bushmasters web site and I saw a muzzle brake that was labeled "AK 47 Type Muzzle Brake". I have been wanting to purchase a muzzle brake and I couldn't find one that I liked the looks of until I saw this one. Does anybody know how effective this brake is? Anybody have this installed on their mini?

Thanks,
Mike McCasland

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
do you mean this one?
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/10-22/mmt-0018.asp
"Reduces felt recoil 70% - reduces muzzle climb 90%. This brake is a .223 caliber copy of the Russian Military brake - standard on their AK-74 Assault Rifle. Slips on around front sight and pins in place. Muzzle climb is reduced by directing gas upward through three vertical gas ports. Recoil is diminished by four 45 ports which direct gas away from the weapon, and a contoured flat at the end of the brake directs gas sideways. The two gas streams cancel each other and the force of recoil is absorbed by the brake."

It sounds more functional than my Black Warrior. For $29.95 it might be worh a try. If you go for it do us a favor and document your accuracy / grouping before, and after using same ammo, and range, to see if it helps out.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Waffen, I saw one on Cabela's website that I liked It also replaced the front sight. They called it an H&K style sight that was hooded. I bought my mini-30 with one alresdy on it and its the kind held on by the sight roll pin it has a bit of play to it. The
Cabela's one looked good. I may get it. If I do I'll let everyone know if its any good.

TC

:cannon:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts