Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin's AK-47 keep getting jammed after every 30ish rounds (fired abt 90 rounds, jammed twice from yesterday), I dont know if its the gun or ammo? does it happen to anybody more often?

·
Registered
833 Posts
my first question is jamming HOW?? bolt carrier group stuck forward? stuck to the rear?? gotta hit it with a hmmer to get it to move??? Failure to eject with stovepipe?? failure to feed??? it doesnt extract and feeds a new round that hits the one in the chamber?? so I have listed 5 possible JAMMING options... all different problems with a specific solution... whats YOUR problem???

Need to know to help you FIX IT... :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my first question is jamming HOW?? bolt carrier group stuck forward? stuck to the rear?? gotta hit it with a hmmer to get it to move??? Failure to eject with stovepipe?? failure to feed??? it doesnt extract and feeds a new round that hits the one in the chamber?? so I have listed 5 possible JAMMING options... all different problems with a specific solution... whats YOUR problem???

Need to know to help you FIX IT... :D
from what my cousin told me.. the bullet wont go in the chamber and got stuck... I dont know how to explain. do you understand?

·
Registered
833 Posts
SO either it is not entering the chamber because it is not raising up high enough to enter the chamber... which is either a mag fitting issue, a mag issue itself, or the chamber needs the feed dimples reprofiled slightly...

If it is feeding but failing to chamber... I would say CLEAN THE HELL out of it... it may have traces of gunk in the chamber... cosmoline...or dried oil and carbon fouling... either way... a REALLY good stiff brush with solvent will be the best bet!!!

If neither of those help.. let me know, we will go from there.... :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wait a second - I keep reading on the internet that AKs never jam! They can't put that on the interenet if it isn't true. You must be mistaken !!!

:D

Seriously though, whenever I have had a problem it has always been mag related. I'd start looking there first. In fact, I have all of my mags numbered for just such an occurrence, so I can track one if it's giving me repeated problems.

And. no, I am not a French model.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My cousin's AK-47 keep getting jammed after every 30ish rounds (fired abt 90 rounds, jammed twice from yesterday), I dont know if its the gun or ammo? does it happen to anybody more often?
What brand/type magazine does he use? Ammo type/brand? What's the nature of the jam?

AK's are not known for their habit of jamming, so most likely it's one of the above or similar that are causing the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts