Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an ak-74 type muzzle brake for my mini 30. I was able to find one for my mini 14 from bushmasters catalog for $39.95 it works just fine. Do they make one? Who makes it? Where can i get one that slips over the front site? good hunting singleside:usa:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
were not ignoring ya singleside. I looked at my favorite, web sites, and can't find one. Not to say there isn't one somewhere.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here searched the net unable to find one. My best lead is to find out who manufactured the one bushmaster sells for the mini14. I was impressed with the ak-74 muzzle brake,in my tests over the last few weeks with different types of ammo. A real reduction in muzzle climb,recoil and the added weight aided in the problem of barrel whip. Ialso was testing buffer technology recoil buffer, which worked rather well. good hunting singleside:usa: :rapid:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
What about this one in April 8 issue of shotgun news page 126. Same as my blackwarrior double muzzle brake. only they call it muzzle break/flash hider. Frank's Center, inc. call 1-800-666-9190 (no web site): #RM30B for the Blue mini-30, $20.95; #RM30N for the Stainless $21.95 ($8.00 shipping)

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am now using the double muzzle brake, it looks just like the one in your photo only it has 4 holes on top instead of 6. I am sure the one in your photo is of better quality, and the one I am using is a cheap copy. Thanks, I will give it a try. SINGLESIDE:usa: :rapid:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Oh, I thought you didn't have a muzzle brake for your mini-30. I have one like the picture, on my mini-14. The barrel blocks the first 2 holes, so if you already have one on your mini-30 with 4 holes, I don't think you will gain anything, as your barrel will probably block the first 2 holes also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The holes on the top of the brake must be there for the cooling of the barrel,I can not think of any other reason. I like to try out items for myself to see if they work right. as I work as the only security on a large ranch in northcentral alabama and my firearms have to be put to work at any time. That as why I chose the mini 14 and mini 30. By the way I was born and raised in Louisiana, in New Orleans. Singleside :usa: :rapid: Its about freedom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts