Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an Aimpoint 2000 mounted on their mini-14 ranch (with grooved receiver)? Mine has been nothing but grief. To prevent the battery chamber from hitting the rifle, I have to turn the scope so the adjustment screws are not on the x and y axes. I may have to change scope rings to raise it a little. Any ideas?

So adjusting left requires a little of one screw and a little of the other screw. Making a small adjustment turns out to be a major pain! If anyone has an Aimpoint 2000 that doesn't give any grief, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks,
KC

:beer:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a 5000 2x Aimpoint on my 30. To put it on with the Ruger mounts and rings, required me to tighten one side of the rings, then twist the scope around so the battery compartment was then over the tightened screws of the one side, then tighten the other side. :rolleyes:
I almost installed it with the battery at the top of scope as you have done. The 30 is a Ranch, but I a have no problem with the battery sitting too low and hitting the gun. I believe Ruger sells extra high rings.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bam Bam,
I was afeared that if the battery compartment was too close to the receiver, something might break inside. Also, I'll look for rings to put the scope higher. Though I've read it's better for a scope to be as low as possible for accuracy at a distance. How far? I don't know. I guess it'll require some experimenting.

KC

:beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts