Perfect Union banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will add ons like a verticle forend grip, bipod, light, etc: mount to the existing rails that came on the mini?
Im afraid to buy until Im sure they mount up.
Ive read about these pieces mounting to weaver type rails. Is that what the one on the mini is considered?
Appreciate any help.Very new to this and want to get what I can before prices or availabilty go up as they have been. Thanks

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
No rails on a Mini that I know of unless you bought something like this UTG tactical rail set up;

I don't have one but I believe they can be got in either Weaver or Picatinny so you would need to know what you have.

Only other rails I'm aware of come on the after market stocks and those are also either Weaver or Picatinny or perhaps work for both. Still would need to know what you have.

Only other type of a rail I am aware of is if you remove the Ruger rings and get a scope rail mount like the GG&G or Weigland. Those come in either Weaver or Picatinny.

Ah, the tactical version has a Ruger stamped ATI stock which has rails. I would have to guess those are Picatinny rails since it is a tactical gun but somebody that has one needs to verify that.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Might be talking about one of the Mini 14 Tactical models like the 5846. It has rails up front that will accept all the goodies from the AR world. Good luck finding one now though.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If you do NOT have the Mini-Tac pictured above, you could always add rail to whatever stock you have.

I purchased nylon/polymer rails from Magpul (keeps the weight down) and mounted my AFG to that. You could just as easily mount it on the sides of the stock, and put whatever grips/lights you desire.

Don't mind the sidebody screws in the pictures. Those were from my old side rails that I have since removed.

Reactions: Pieth

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mini 14 tactical rail

texas, thats my gun. So most everything will mount to these rails? And, are they a Picatinny, or Weaver?
Thanks everyone for the responces. Merry Christmas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts