Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, about stocks. I saw the new Hogue overmolded stock and wondered if anyone had any experiance with it? It looks nice and should grip well. Hogue wants $79.95 but I saw Cabella's had it for 59.95 I almost got it. Any other suggestions Hogue is a well know brand. It has an aluminum bedded stock.
It is supposed to fit the 14 or the 30.

I have barely had the 30 for 4 months and just got a 14 and I want to mess with them already.

TC :cannon:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Tankcommander---I have the Hogue Overmolded stock for my Mini-14 & I like it much more than the factory plastic. They don't use the aluminum bedding block on the Mini's, i guess it's only used on the bolt action stocks. The fit on mine is nice & tight.

Good luck
Bushwack

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bushwack
What do you think of the price I found? Did you have to remove the metal liners out of the old stock and install them in the Hogue? I may order one very soon I just want to get the best price. My minis have wood stocks. The web sites I looked at were missleading they infered that all the stocks were bedded.

Thanks for the prompt reply TC

:cannon:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone have any info on the Laminated stocks for Mini's from Clark Custom Guns? I've seen pictures of the black/grey stocks, but none of the brown/brown stocks. Can anyone help me out on this subject? Are they good stocks? Thanks for any info....

Semper Fi,

g8keyper97

:ar15:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Tank---You only use the metal liner on wooden stocks. I got mine from Midway http://www.midwayusa.com/ when they were on sale for alittle under $50. I just checked thier price & they're now $56 & change. My action fits so nice that unless the recoil begins to loosen the plastic I see no reason to do any bedding. Midway is a good outfit, very dependable. I do my shopping on the internet but buy over the phone. That way I can make sure I'm not buying something that's backordered.

Good luck
Bushwack

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey Tank, I got my Hogue from Midway on sale this year (Jan) for $47. The alum piller/liner only comes with Hogues bolt gun stock. you do not use your stock liner in the hogue (won't fit). I bedded my stock, and It seemed to emiminate the flyers in the groups. Some mini shooters eliminate the flyers in their minds. Mine is for real. When you get it, install it without the trigger group. Grasp the action, and try for movement side to side. A movement of only .010" will move the bullet 1" at 100 yds. Course with the trigger group in, ya won't notice any movement, but under recoil your mini will feel it. My advice, bed it. I really like my Hogue, the only down side I could even think of is, when you lay prone in the dirt, it gets dusty. Its a takes a little work to get the dust off the rubber coating, but its no big deal. It also has the nice rubber recoil pad. I like it! Hogue also makes these,
http://www.hogueinc.com/
Check it out.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cajungeo,

Nice link its nice to know my hands won't slip off my guns and my butt won't slip off the seat.

Thanks TC

:cannon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts