Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have succes with after-market pre-ban extended magazines? I have tried many different brands with no success. Factory pre-ban extended magazines are just too much money!! I would appreciate any comments.

I would also like to hear from anyone, who have achieved tighter groups at the range through reloading. The barrel on my Mini is a one turn in 7", 6 grove rifling. Please specify bullet weight, grains of powder and primer, and any other pertinent info.

[This message has been edited by MiniMan1 (edited 09-13-1999).]

[This message has been edited by MiniMan1 (edited 09-22-1999).]

[This message has been edited by MiniMan1 (edited 09-28-1999).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Many people swear by the precision (PMI) mags but I personally prefer the John Masen mags. I recently did get some bad mags mfg by Masen but they are replacing them.

The Ruger factory mags are the best. If you look around you can find the 20rd mags for around $50 each. That is not too bad compared to the price for glock mags...

thx-Ace

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use 20 round Precision mags and so far I can not complain, they fit and work properly. It's been my experience that 20 round mags, for most anything, seems to be more reliable than the 30's and 40's, however as always this is IMHO and YMMV

·
Registered
71 Posts
PMI seem to be the best made of all the aftermarket mags I've purchased. I'm waiting for some John masen Co. mags right now, we'll see.
Also Ramline makes a mini-14/ar-15 combo mag that is very reliable, but they are made of polymer/plastic so dont drop them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have several Ramline and Precision mags that work fine; but I've never seen the John Masen mags. Where do you find them? Do you have to buy direct from the company?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can find Masen mags at GUNACCESORIES.COM
They have a nice selection of other mags as well.

------------------
Perfect Union member #33

·
Registered
1 Posts
Midway 1-800-992-8312 has millet 30rd mags
for $30 delivered.
I have one, and it worked very well, so I called them and ordered another one.
The last PMI mags that I saw were over $50.
The last Ruger 20rds that I saw were over $70.
There was a 30rd Ruger in the For sale section of perfectunion.com for $89 I think.
This is really getting out of hand.
I think you get can Glock Hi-caps for less money!
Good luck,
JP

·
Registered
9 Posts
The best 30 rounders I've ever used (besides the "real" ones) are made by Scherer, a lot of people think of their Glock mags when they hear the name -- but they made the most reliable mags (I've ever used). Don't want to start a war here, but (I suspect) they may be even better than the Ruger mags
(in 30 rounders only - Scherer uses Wolff springs). I do have some real Ruger "users," but mostly they've become too collectable, or go on the WTSHTF shelf. Yes, the PMIs are great mags, but I got them when they were $14 each (1995, after the ban, but after the scare spike too). R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts