Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have done a Kidd trigger job, buffer, and bolt release fix. It still shots patterns. (its has a stock barrel and syn stock, I free floated, cleaned out the reciever, cleaned bore, shot CCI, Federal bulk,Winny bulk, HV winny HV solids and HP. Wolf match. American. Sill will only shoot a 5.5 inch group at 25.

I checked my shooting with a Henry 22M and can shoot a clover leaf At 50 with it. I did check the V-block also.

thanks
Romans

·
Registered
833 Posts
sounds to me like the barrel is BAD... I would contact Ruger... that's just not right... I have never.. and I mean NEVER seen *ANY 10/22 that couldn't get 2" or better ( and usually MUCH BETTER! ) at 50 yards!!!!!

Could have bad rifling... could be all kinds of things... saw a dedicated 22LR UPPER for an AR15 not too long ago that keyholed EVERYTHING at 25 yards... that was recommended to be sent back too!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I don't have a Ruger 10/22 but I have shot them and it should definitely do better than that. Before you just go and get a barrel I would try chambering and releasing some rounds and then examine them to see if you are getting witness marks, cuts, creases or dents on the cases or bullets. It could be a chambering problem or a magazine problem.

On my own .22 which is a Marlin 60 I had horrible groups until I discovered that my original wooden stock had warped. I got a new polymer stock and did my own field test on ammo. I did find that some ammo was very loose. The best and what I shoot exclusively now are the CCI tacticals made for the AR .22's. My gun loves these and they shoot clean. My .22 will now shoot a less than 2 inch group at 100 yards just off the range bag so it could be your stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.