Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Ruger Mini-14, but I've heard some really bad things about them. First, here is what I'm looking at, a Ranch version, so I can mount a scope. I'm also leaning towards a stainless steel with synthetic stock as the humidity in Florida can damage some guns. I was also thinking about getting the trigger pull adjusted to somewhere between 3.5 - 5 lbs. Are there any sugguests you guys could give me when I'm inspecting the rile before purchase? Should I get a regular barrel and get it coated, as I've heard the SS groups can be really bad sometimes? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don,t know that carbon steel barreled mini will outshoot a stainless or not. As for accuracy with the right ammo handload? I think most mini,s with a decent scope will shoot 3moa some better some worse. I have a few, all stainless my brother has 2 both stainless so I can,t compare accuracy with a blued model. He,s got one bedded in laminate stock with a weaver scope that does 2moa with 52gr hpbt,s. One thing I can say is I,ve never had any parts break! If you need something that shoots better than 3 or 4 moa get a bolt gun or top shelf AR 15 but a decent AR will cost some$$$$$$

1 - 2 of 2 Posts