Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for a good, simple, AK style sling for my mini 14. I'm running the Tapco stock with a Butler Creek vented hand guard and a mag pull CTR, butt stock with a quick detach sling swivel on it, but up front under the gas block. I still have the same old sling mount.

I just want a simple a case style side mounted sling, but I do not know what to do about the front at the gas block sling swivel does anybody have any simple solutions without having to seriously modify my gun. I want to be able to use both sling swivels one on the side at butt stock one in front at the gas block please. Any ideas or suggestions would be of great importance. Thank you for taking the time to read this please let me know what you think

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi all, looking for a good, simple, AK style sling for my mini 14. I'm running the Tapco stock with a Butler Creek vented hand guard and a mag pull CTR, butt stock with a quick detach sling swivel on it, but up front under the gas block. I still have the same old sling mount.

I just want a simple a case style side mounted sling, but I do not know what to do about the front at the gas block sling swivel does anybody have any simple solutions without having to seriously modify my gun. I want to be able to use both sling swivels one on the side at butt stock one in front at the gas block please. Any ideas or suggestions would be of great importance. Thank you for taking the time to read this please let me know what you think
I'm running a bunch of nylon simple slings - mostly the black GI ones. Got some HK style hooks and use one or two and just clip it onto the swivels on a Ranch in a Choate folder. I use a G3 leather sling on my 182 with wood stock. The nylon set-ups also used on couple of ARs and AR10s. Basically a simple carrying strap. YMMV

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Check out the Magpul

I just received a Magpul MS3. It easily switches from a one point to two point sling. And it's comfy. I put the ASAP stock mount and the RSA mount on the top rail. The snaps on the sling would gravitate to the corners of the stock sling mounts. Beware of the EBAY "deals> as they are selling some knock offs in the mix. So if it looks to good to be true, .....you guessed it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dawgstar, I'm not sure if I'm reading you right. Do you want a front detach swivel or already have it and just want a sling? I put detaches on mine and may be able to help. Pic?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dawgstar, I'm not sure if I'm reading you right. Do you want a front detach swivel or already have it and just want a sling? I put detaches on mine and may be able to help. Pic?
He's looking for a side-mount front swivel, that functions similarly to the front swivel found on the factory folding stock Minis. Something like this:

(Member Rem8's photo)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have a fake Magpul MS3 on my Tapco T6 stocked 10/22 and it's great. Can't imagine what the difference is from a real Magpul one. Mine was like $14 from eBay. That said, I don't doubt there is a difference and my 10/22 is more entertainment than depend-on-it SHTF choice. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, got it figured out called a friend over it BDS tactical ordered the simple two point sling, which is pretty much just made for the AK that's the one you need because it's made for the AK the attachment points go down from 1.5 inches to just a little under an inch on either end, I had my friend. It BDS tactical custom make me one with only one end under in each and the other end. 1.5 inches. We then took unoriginal HK G3 sling hook looped the under 1 inch, through the hook and that's it. It's works perfect now all I have to do is take and click the HK hook on the side of the factory. Sling swivel and it is just the right size so that is, it does not move and then, of course, just run the 1.5 through my CTR, butt stock quick detach. Sling swivel so everything evens out! My friend at BDS tactical said that if y'all thought you would be interested he would have it added as an option to get that book when you order the sling, but I need to know how many people would be interested in such a thing it would cost an extra two dollars

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey guys, got it figured out called a friend over it BDS tactical ordered the simple two point sling, which is pretty much just made for the AK that's the one you need because it's made for the AK the attachment points go down from 1.5 inches to just a little under an inch on either end, I had my friend. It BDS tactical custom make me one with only one end under in each and the other end. 1.5 inches. We then took unoriginal HK G3 sling hook looped the under 1 inch, through the hook and that's it. It's works perfect now all I have to do is take and click the HK hook on the side of the factory. Sling swivel and it is just the right size so that is, it does not move and then, of course, just run the 1.5 through my CTR, butt stock quick detach. Sling swivel so everything evens out! My friend at BDS tactical said that if y'all thought you would be interested he would have it added as an option to get that book when you order the sling, but I need to know how many people would be interested in such a thing it would cost an extra two dollars
Show us a pic if you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.