Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I will be in the market for a good bolt gun for coyote hunting. most likly a 223.

I have been eyeing savage and CZ.
I just need to get my mini 14 ranch sold. I do like the Accutrigger.

Anyone have the CZ 527 carbine.

Thanks
Romans.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup. Second most accurate .223 I have owned. First was a Savage Super Striker, But i'm just not a handgun guy. Traded the Savage for a Mini-14. I won't be trading the CZ carbine anytime soon.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Depends on what kind of Coyote your trying to shoot. When I lived in New Mexico a lot of them were small and scrawny. Here in New York they are a little bigger, but the range is shorter. We use AR's in .223. A CZ in .223 would serve you well. I have a carbine in 7.62x39 and one in .204 Ruger. Both shoot well.

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
;)Romans;personally during these uncertain times in washington-I would probably look at another caliber choice(other than 223)probably something that can"reach out and touch something" with a little more authority!I was just at my local hometown sporting goods supply store and noticed a trend...........No.308 win ammo,and very low stock of .223 ammo,but there was 22-250 ammo from 1-2$ more per box than factory .223 ammo!And 243 win.ammo about 1-2$ more per box than 22-250.Both the 22-250 and the 243 win are good flat shooting long range coyote guns-and if the part of the world that you're in has some wide open spaces-these calibers are excellent!I don't have a 22-250,but several of my shooting buddies do and I have shot all of theirs and never found an innacurate one!I do have a .243,,and it is a tack driver,and never seen a bad one of those either-alltho I'm sure someone will spout off about one!:rolleyes:

Reactions: tri70

·
Registered
370 Posts
The 223 is an excellent coyote chambering. It strikes a good balance of range, power and cost to shoot making it a prime choice for those on a bit of a budget. I personally would prefer the 22-250 though as far as commercially loaded ammunition goes. This is especially true if your shooting at longer ranges at educated coyotes. Its a flat shooting fast stepping chambering that performs well at long range and very capable with heavier bullets.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I do have a .243,,and it is a tack driver,and never seen a bad one of those either-alltho I'm sure someone will spout off about one!
Mine is a post 64 push feed Winchester M70 and it is probably the most accurate rifle I have ever used. I have killed deer with it every year for the ten years I have owned it and wouldn't hesitate to take a shot at a yote out to 300yds. The rifle is capable of farther shots than that, I am not so confident about my abilities at those ranges though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm waiting on my Savage 10 in 22-150 to come out of law-a-way. I settled on the 22-250 after looking at 243 and 223.

RC

·
Banned
5,883 Posts
It depends on the prices for me. Bounty Money, $50 bucks only requires the lower jaw bone for proof of kill. That allows me to sell the hides in prime at over $100 dollars. When they are not prime I use a .25-06 when fur is prime it is a .17 Remington.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts