Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see they have a section for AR... So the why would such an awesome rifle need to be tweaked to improved on its accuracy?

Also notices they have no section for AK's so does that mean the AK platform can not be improved?

·
Registered
190 Posts
The AR is an inherently accurate design and can be made even more so with the appropriate modifications. The AR is a very popular platform for the accuracy chasers thus the market responds in like and fora dedications as well.

The AK is considered a workhorse kind of rifle, not as inherently accurate as the AR considering both designs in their base form. Certainly an AK can be made more accurate but the expense is greater, less options to choose from and in the long run one would still be chasing the AR in a dollar-for-dollar mod-for-mod race.

The AR is similar in market nature to the old Chevy small-block at the drags. It isn't necessarily the best engine going but it was the most popular. It responded well to modifications and could be modded by anyone, anywhere for a reasonable cost. Nothing else came close and the Chevy small-block went on to rule the day.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I've watched a lot of people trying to dial in an AR 15 scope at 100 yards. My Marlin 60 .22 out shoots them unless it is the full on bull barrel, every whiz bang, tricked out bla bla rifle.

The Cleveland ruled the day in small blocks at the drags, LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts